Opinion on 2 builds

Roxhound63

Greetings,

Play games at 4k, web, rare photo or video editing.

Which build is in your opinion better, and if you could change something what would it be.  I already have a FTW3 hybrid 1080ti, and for storage have 970 evo plus 500gb, with a 860qvo 1tb, and a x300 4tb storage drive.

vs

Any opinions and alterations are helpful, even if its, "hey stupid, why did you....."  lol

Go Ryzen. It will be basically on par in gaming and destroy the 9900KF in everything else. Literally rip apart the Intel. 
And I'm pretty sure Ryzen 4000 will still run on your AM4 mainboard and it will for sure have yet more cores you can upgrade to in a few years. Intel is not as famous for keeping their sockets (in later generations)

Edit: You don't need that 3600MHz RAM. Take it if it is a good deal, otherwise save some money. Furthermore, the Riing cooler is overkill and RGB fans look cool but they are noticeably less efficient -> higher RPM for same air flow / cooling -> louder. Consider the new LMG Noctua NH-D15

Looked at that NH-d15.  Looks nice but parts picker says wont work in the case...

memory, i looked at and can lower the price by 50.

7 minutes ago, Roxhound63 said:

Looked at that NH-d15.  Looks nice but parts picker says wont work in the case...

My bad, i just looked at the picture of the case and it looked really wide. Spec sheet says CPU cooler ≤155mm, though, and Noctua quotes a height of 165mm. 
And don't understand me wrong, if you get 3600MHz instead of 3000 at the time you buy for 10 bucks difference, go for it. But in my experience it's not as stable/working as you expect.

My Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 3000MHz did not run stable at that speed and I hat to turn it down to 2900 (With 8700K and Maximus Hero X board).

2 hours ago, helgehelge123 said:

And I'm pretty sure Ryzen 4000 will still run on your AM4 mainboard

Lets not be hasty, AMD only said they will support the AM4 socket until 2020 but with the 3000 series only released like 3 months ago I hardly think they will be such a rush to release another generation that quickly.....and they technically haven't even launched the full Ryzen range yet

The 16-core 3950X is a still not here yet, and they haven't even got round to 3rd gen Threadripper

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Bumping to try to get more opinions.

Am so indecisive....lol