Need opinion on which upgrade should I go to.

DND
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
6 minutes ago, DND said:

If i also may ask can you recommend something from seasonic or other models from corsair?

ï dont have anything in perticular to recommend from seasonic as their units have some issues worth avoiding untill you start paying quite a bit for their PSUs. 

if you must have from corsair, the rm550x is good same with the new RM units. 

8 minutes ago, DND said:

What do you mean by not suitable for scratch drives?

the P1 and 660p are QLC drives, and as such have bad write endurance. as such are not suited for intensive write applications. such as scratch drive that some applications use to pagefile to. 

10 minutes ago, DND said:

So the aorus elite has some problems?

early Bios issues or QC with launch boards. seem to have ended by now, but there is allways old stock laying around, so im, just being on the catious side. 

11 minutes ago, DND said:

How about the aorus ultra though what are your thoughts?

havent heard anything bad or good about the board. i know its decent, but 260$ is kinda an uninteresting price point for x570. or at least that is my impression of it. iirc the auros ultra is among the better at that pricepoint. 

13 minutes ago, DND said:

Yes, somewhat wanna try to do cpu encoding strean. Though i'm perfectly fine with the quality of stream with using gpu encoding as of now with my gtx 1080

you might be interested in the 3900x then. as the coreoverhead is rather significant. gameplay is unlikely to be affected when you have 2-4 cores available to do tasks. 

and really any of the Asus x570 boards and Gigabyte x570 elite and above have good enough VRM to do heavy overclocking with the 3900x or even 3950x. (yes this includes ITX boards). 

further note on Ram selection. you might save quite a bit by getting some cheaper 3200mhz crucial ballistics kits and doing a very simple Ram overclock on them . its E-die and it responds very nicely to voltage. 

8 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

something along those lines yes. 

do some Aida, cinebench and a unigine superposition benchmark. that should be enough. not that sometimes benchmarks dont show its unstable. if it randomly crashes, it might be unstable. 

depends on the age of the Bios, but id try to keep bios somewhat updated to the end of the year. 

Aight thanks it seems that I've decided on what to get thank you very much.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

On 10/22/2019 at 9:54 AM, DND said:

Thanks, Maybe I'll just go with the Cooler master one or corsair that recommended btw the price of the both PSU's for the 550 vs the 650 is just like around 5-10$ for the MWE and 3-5$ for the RMx should I just go with the 650W? For some power overhead(Not sure if its the right term).

It makes zero sense to replace a Seasonic M12II 620 with a Cooler Master MWE Gold. The MWE is a mediocre PSU.   If you are going to replace your psu at all, go with the Corsair RMx or a Seasonic Focus.  

However, I would just roll with your M12II.  It's built like a tank and is impressively reliable.  It also has a proven track record running exactly the type of system you are trying to put together.  Plus it's free.  

13 hours ago, FALC0N said:

It makes zero sense to replace a Seasonic M12II 620 with a Cooler Master MWE Gold. The MWE is a mediocre PSU.   If you are going to replace your psu at all, go with the Corsair RMx or a Seasonic Focus.  

However, I would just roll with your M12II.  It's built like a tank and is impressively reliable.  It also has a proven track record running exactly the type of system you are trying to put together.  Plus it's free.  

I see thanks for your insight, well as of now I think im not having any problems with my PSU so I can also just stick with the M12II rn also i'll just ask the seasonic focus you are pertaining to is it this the seasonic foccus SGX650? Though its only semi modular if this according to the store site im looking at.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

1 hour ago, DND said:

I see thanks for your insight, well as of now I think im not having any problems with my PSU so I can also just stick with the M12II rn also i'll just ask the seasonic focus you are pertaining to is it this the seasonic foccus SGX650? Though its only semi modular if this according to the store site im looking at.

The Focus you mentioned is part of the line I was referring to. That particular unit is an SFX form factor PSU intended for smaller cases, not an ATX PSU.  Seasonic usually includes an SFX to ATX adaptor, so it would probably work.  

However, SFX units don't perform quite as well as their ATX counterparts due to size limitations.  It's not a huge difference, but it's enough that I do recommend getting the ATX version if you have an ATX case.  And that applies to SFX units across the board, not just Seasonic.

1 hour ago, FALC0N said:

The Focus you mentioned is part of the line I was referring to. That particular unit is an SFX form factor PSU intended for smaller cases, not an ATX PSU.  Seasonic usually includes an SFX to ATX adaptor, so it would probably work.  

However, SFX units don't perform quite as well as their ATX counterparts due to size limitations.  It's not a huge difference, but it's enough that I do recommend getting the ATX version if you have an ATX case.  And that applies to SFX units across the board, not just Seasonic.

Can you possibly me give me a link of the atx model? from something like amazon or newegg or pcpartpicker?

Spoiler