Xiaomi Router 3g upnp

stefs

Is is possible to use dlna from this router without flashing to additional rom?

DLNA is enabled on settings, but i dont see my usb when i put on my router at all.

Help?

Capture.png

4 hours ago, stefs said:

Is is possible to use dlna from this router without flashing to additional rom?

DLNA is enabled on settings, but i dont see my usb when i put on my router at all.

Help?

File sharing is not normally done over DLNA, nor do I see any mention of this modem/router combo unit supporting DLNA in the review you linked. According to Russian reviews on the following Gearbest page, there is alternate firmware called PADAVAN you can flash to get extra features like DLNA working.

https://www.gearbest.com/wireless-routers/pp_642436.html

Filesharing is done by Samba, so did you activate the USB function in the app? Did you activate the Samba Server plugin via the app?

NAS function and data throughput
In contrast to its predecessor, the Xiaomi router is 3G instead of with USB 2.0, with USB 3.0 fitted. The management of the connected storage medium via the Mi WiFi app. The File management The app is clearly arranged and the downloading and uploading works without any problems. If you have that Samba Server Plugin Activated via the app, you can also conveniently create a network drive via the PC and access the storage medium.

If you want to use the USB 3.0 function, it must be activated separately via the web interface or the app. At the same time, it should be noted that the USB 3.0 data transfers may interfere with the 2.4G WiFi. In the test, however, no differences or impairments were noticeable. Rather, the data throughput with active or deactivated USB 3.0 function was almost identical at least in the WLAN. Only in the LAN there was a noticeable speed difference with regard to the data transmission.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Can i activate Samba without flashing padavan?

I need this for Kodi, to watch movies from my usb.

12 hours ago, stefs said:

Can i activate Samba without flashing padavan?

I need this for Kodi, to watch movies from my usb.

No idea, as I don't own one of their routers. The user manual I found online is extremely lacking, so your best option is to contact their support or see if you can find detailed instructions on their website, although based on the complete lack of information about any routers on their site, I don't know where you'd find that info. :(

https://setuprouter.com/router/xiaomi/mi-wifi-router-3/manual-2524.pdf

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain me how to get SSH?

• 1 month later...