Cannot Overclock RX 580

Hello, everyone! I absolutely LOVE LTT's YouTube Channel, and since I've searched online to answers for this issue and couldn't find any, I came here, thinking THIS is the place where someone surely will help me out!!!

So, I have an AMD RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB Graphics Card, and I have tried to use MSI Afterburner, AMD Wattman, and the TriXX software to overclock, and it simply doesn't work.

I even uninstalled the AMD Software and reinstalled the newest version, and it still doesn't work. 

Whenever I try to boost the power limit or the Clock Speed, it RESETS back to 1250 MHz! Please, someone please help me out!!!

30 minutes ago, SapphireC108 said:

Whenever I try to boost the power limit or the Clock Speed, it RESETS back to 1250 MHz

So when you apply the changes, what happens? Does it just not apply, or does it apply then immediately revert?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

So when you apply the changes, what happens? Does it just not apply, or does it apply then immediately revert?

It simply reverts! They go back down to the default as soon as I apply! :(

9 minutes ago, SapphireC108 said:

It simply reverts! They go back down to the default as soon as I apply! :(

So, what happens when you underclock instead of overclock?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

So, what happens when you underclock instead of overclock?

The same exact thing!!!

On 10/20/2019 at 5:32 PM, SapphireC108 said:

The same exact thing!!!

Hi, 

I have the same card and did you switch the bios profile to 1411 Mhz ? it should be factory overclocked.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:48 PM, SapphireC108 said:

Hello, everyone! I absolutely LOVE LTT's YouTube Channel, and since I've searched online to answers for this issue and couldn't find any, I came here, thinking THIS is the place where someone surely will help me out!!!

So, I have an AMD RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB Graphics Card, and I have tried to use MSI Afterburner, AMD Wattman, and the TriXX software to overclock, and it simply doesn't work.

I even uninstalled the AMD Software and reinstalled the newest version, and it still doesn't work. 

Whenever I try to boost the power limit or the Clock Speed, it RESETS back to 1250 MHz! Please, someone please help me out!!!

Sounds like a software issue have you uninstalled and reinstalled if that doesn't work try using AMD overclocking software