Should I opt for a new monitor, or save my money for something else?

Legally_an_Idiot
Go to solution Solved by rcb98,

A couple of years ago I was kinda in the same spot, I only upgraded peripherals because of a sale. I later bought an office chair on Staples, dont know if you have one where you live, they usually have some nice chairs and they are reasonably priced. I´d go for peripherals first, but if you are uncomfortable during game sessions or work, go for the chair, if it is just an old chair but it does the job, go for peripherals

I have a fair bit of money saved up right now,  but I don't know if I should buy that sweet $160 monitor that I have had in my online shopping cart for a while now,  or if I should put some of it towards getting a new keyboard and mouse,  or spend it on a new chair...

▲My current display is an old 22 inch Philips TV which was given to me by a neighbor,  after he needed to make some more garage space.

▲My current keyboard (and mouse) is a shitty $18 gaming mouse and keyboard combo that I found on amazon a couple months ago.

▲And my chair...  Well...  My gaming chair is just an old office chair that I have had for almost a decade now.  It has held up quite nicely,  except for the fact that no matter how much I lubricate it's hinges,  it will still fucking squeak.

So what do you guys think?   Monitor,  keyboard and mouse,  or chair?

CHONKYBOYE.jpg

Keyboard and Mouse.

You can get 2 nice things for that Money.

Good Displays and Chairs are way above 160 Bucks.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Personally I would focus on a chair if your current one doesnt support you well enough, ergonomics are extremely important

Aside from that, I'd maybe push for your keyboard and mouse situation

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

A couple of years ago I was kinda in the same spot, I only upgraded peripherals because of a sale. I later bought an office chair on Staples, dont know if you have one where you live, they usually have some nice chairs and they are reasonably priced. I´d go for peripherals first, but if you are uncomfortable during game sessions or work, go for the chair, if it is just an old chair but it does the job, go for peripherals