Trucker Build

Tbonekenny

I'm a over the road truck driver and recently began working on a build for my truck. Space is at a premium and I want portability so when I saw the Lian-li TU150 I was sold and started planning. So far I've already bought a R9-3900X, the case, 2x16GB 3600 ram, a 2TB 660p M.2, and 4 Noctua 120mm fans with a controller. I'm planning on buying the AORUS Pro X570 Mini-ITX as the X570 ITX pickings are slim, and a 2080 SUPER of some sort. My main concern right now is CPU cooling. I live in the North East and might not want to always carry the computer home so I was steering away from water cooling. It also looks like the 120mm radiator support of the TU150 will not make a huge difference from the OEM Wraith Spire cooler. The benefit of a water cooling AIO, however, is that there's less overhang off the board for rough roads to crack the mobo. I'm posting this to try and get some opinions, and hope it might spark some interest.

Why not just get a laptop? For the same price, you may get a somewhat decent laptop, which is much smaller and much easier to carry around in a truck.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

10 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Why not just get a laptop? For the same price, you may get a somewhat decent laptop, which is much smaller and much easier to carry around in a truck.

I already have a 2 year old MSI GS63 that's been okay, but I don't think it's possible to find a full fat 2080 super and a 3900X in a laptop for less than $10k or some equally ridiculous price point.

8 minutes ago, Tbonekenny said:

I already have a 2 year old MSI GS63 that's been okay, but I don't think it's possible to find a full fat 2080 super and a 3900X in a laptop for less than $10k or some equally ridiculous price point.

Seeing an MSI GS65/75 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 256G SSD, 2080 Max Q) for $2100, I guess you are probably right.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

As stated in my block of text, my concern is over the weight of an air cooler hanging off the motherboard driving on moderately bumpy roads all day.