Anti Cable Drag technique??

redbread123

So I was wondering if I just wrap my mouse cable (logitech g pro hero) with some electrical tape to get rid of the mouse drag, what effect will it have and will there be any side effects that are negative.

Will probably just leave a sticky residue if you ever took it off. It wouldn't hurt the cable any, it's electrical tape. It's literally made for cables.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

yeah that tape isn;t a very good idea imo. you would just leave a very sticky mess. 

sure, at first it will look fine, tough over time, especially with the wire moving around, it is gonna be bad. 

maybe use a mouse bungee?

I did that a while ago, it did help and it wasn't a problem. I would just use cheaper tape here, as some more expensive tape could stick too well to the cable (which would make it more difficult to remove later on).

Another solution would be to see whether you could zip-tie the mouse cable to something in the area. Their are some small plastic hooks for zip ties that have some adhesive tape on the back, those should do the trick. If possible, use zip-ties that can be reopened and refastened without damaging them in case you want to adjust the available mouse cable length in the future.

wouldnt a mouse mat help atleast before resorting to that 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Tape edges would catch a lot IMO

Mouse bungee would be better.

My solution was to use a soother (dummy) Lanyard (clip) which my child doesn’t need anymore. #ParentingHacks

0C5CDC25-A6EB-48E5-ABA2-2E817F0DEA45.jpeg

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 hours ago, redbread123 said:

So I was wondering if I just wrap my mouse cable (logitech g pro hero) with some electrical tape to get rid of the mouse drag, what effect will it have and will there be any side effects that are negative.

I wouldn't recommend this for several reasons.

1. Electrical tape is generally vinyl, and tends to be somewhat grippy, especially if wet or if it's humid.

2. Electrical tape will leave that cable covered in disgusting slimy adhesive when you take it off.

3. The tape will likely come loose or fall off over time as the cable gets bent back and forth, moved around, rubbed on stuff, etc...

In other words, don't do it. Maybe try one of those mouse bungee things? https://amzn.to/2nZ399k

How do they work? The arms of it are springs. If you pull on the cable, it'll bend or stretch. Otherwise it'll just sit there holding the cable up so it's not dragging around on the desk or falling down behind the desk causing lots of friction if you need to pull your mouse away.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have the cable stuck under a metal figure I have on my desk.

Tho when playing FPS games I unplug it and use it in wireless :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Guys,, i meant while using the mouse so the cable doesn't prevent me from moving the mouse the way i want it.

13 minutes ago, -Kriss- said:

Mouse bungee.

are there any makeshift solutions? like maybe ziptie the cable up to my wall next to my desk?

Mouse bungee or get a wireless mouse.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15