Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pharamont

RTX 2080 Super System Crash No BSOD

Posted · Original PosterOP

ISSUE:

So a friend of mine recently built a new computer and as of a few weeks ago it started crashing randomly when in a game and gave no BSOD. These crashes were not happening when he first built the PC. Together we've gone through a number of possible solutions, from updating drivers, adjusting game settings, removing the restrictive front cover on his case for better airflow, and even rebuilding the machine thinking the poor cable management might be a cause but nothing has worked.

I went and installed HWINFO to watch temps on the GPU, CPU, and chipset but nothing seemed to spike to high. The only consistent thing we noticed was the system crashing shortly after the GPU reached ~60-65c. We also noticed that the fans on the card never changed speed, staying at at 1500rpm throughout each session we tested.

My friend also notes that the computer crashes only when playing Apex Legends and Risk of Rain 2. Apex seems to crash after a match or two and Risk of Rain only when playing with uncapped frame rate. Both crash without BSOD.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz

GPU: RTX 2080 Super Founders Edition

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi (MS-7C37)

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M

I don't believe the problem is thermals and believe it may be the power supply but a 750w should be enough for this type of build right?

20191017_220459367_iOS.jpg

There are too many variables in a crash:

Software: OS,Drivers,Conflicting or problematic background processes,etc.

Hardware: Motherboard,PSU,GPU,Storage,etc.

As a first step try a different OS installation.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439

If you have anything overclocked, then reset them back to defaults and try again.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Vishera said:

There are too many variables in a crash:

Software: OS,Drivers,Conflicting or problematic background processes,etc.

Hardware: Motherboard,PSU,GPU,Storage,etc.

As a first step try a different OS installation.

I'll give that a shot when I get free time to head over to his place