2080 ti performing below expectations.

Inject

So I just upgraded my PC recently. My new specs are as follows.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
Power Supply: XFX Black Edition 750 W 80+

The benchmark test in Rainbow Six Seige give me about 125 FPS max

This is ultra at 1080p.

I should mention I have a fairly old monitor. It has DVI. So i have a DVI to HDMI cable. Don't know if that information is important or not.

But, from what I have watched most people at thoes levels and specs hit upwards of 400 fps.

I'm just wondering if anyone would have a clue as to where I might be going wrong.

Any help is appreciated. And I'm sure you may need more info but thank you in advance if you can help me. :)

When you put together the new PC did you do a fresh install of Windows or use the install from your old computer?

Try using DDU to get rid of the current GPU drivers and files, then reinstall the drivers through Geforce Experience.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

When you put together the new PC did you do a fresh install of Windows or use the install from your old computer?

Try using DDU to get rid of the current GPU drivers and files, then reinstall the drivers through Geforce Experience.

I used DDU before hand. It was a mostly fresh install. As all the parts but the GPU had arrived at first so I let the old GPU sit in place for a few weeks then used DDU to remove all the ATI Drivers. I ran DDU in safemode.

It could be your monitor, if it's old and your going through an adapter. But you should still try to rule out software first. What have you done so far to try and fix it?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

I think DVI is limited to 60Hz but you should be able to disable the fps cap.... hmmm..

I like to play games and eat cookies.

I also build and sell gaming computers.

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

It could be your monitor, if it's old and your going through an adapter. But you should still try to rule out software first. What have you done so far to try and fix it?

I haven't really done much as I'm not really sure what steps I can take. I could wheel it into the living room and try it on the 4K TV. Or see if I can barrow someones monitor. I read some where someone mentioned to use PCI cables on the PSU that come out of separate plugs, but it's a single rail PSU so I'm not sure that would have any effect. I should mention perhaps that the PSU is fairly old. Maybe 8 years old? I haven't had any problems with it and I'm not sure if theres a way to find out if it's adequately supplying power to the card or not. Also I know in most test they are running an overclocked CPU. I can't imagine i'm going to get 300 more FPS from doing that but if you think that will change something I can give that a try as well.

2 minutes ago, Inject said:

I haven't really done much as I'm not really sure what steps I can take. I could wheel it into the living room and try it on the 4K TV. Or see if I can barrow someones monitor. I read some where someone mentioned to use PCI cables on the PSU that come out of separate plugs, but it's a single rail PSU so I'm not sure that would have any effect. I should mention perhaps that the PSU is fairly old. Maybe 8 years old? I haven't had any problems with it and I'm not sure if theres a way to find out if it's adequately supplying power to the card or not. Also I know in most test they are running an overclocked CPU. I can't imagine i'm going to get 300 more FPS from doing that but if you think that will change something I can give that a try as well.

It could be your PSU, 8 years old?? Plus it's only an 80 plus unit, not even bronze. It 100% could be a power delivery issue caused by the old PSU. 

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

It could be your PSU, 8 years old?? Plus it's only an 80 plus unit, not even bronze. It 100% could be a power delivery issue caused by the old PSU. 

It's silver. At least on the old Store page for it. And I do get some coil whine. So I do think it could be PSU like you said. I'm not sure. I wish there was a better way to know for sure before i drop money on something that MAY fix it.

Just now, Inject said:

It's silver. At least on the old Store page for it. And I do get some coil whine. So I do think it could be PSU like you said. I'm not sure. I was there was a better way to know for sure before i drop money on something that MAY fix it.

Maybe see if you can use a friends PSU or something to test it first. You could always buy a new PSU test it then return it if it doesn't fix it.

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Maybe see if you can use a friends PSU or something to test it first. You could always buy a new PSU test it then return it if it doesn't fix it.

What would be your suggestion for a good vendor for something like that. Newegg or Amazon. I honestly don't know who has the best return policys anymore. My pc before this was NCIX  :P

Make sure you don't have the 1350mhz bug by using MSi afterburner to check GPU performance as you play.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

7 minutes ago, jones177 said:

Make sure you don't have the 1350mhz bug by using MSi afterburner to check GPU performance as you play.

I have Dragon Center and Nvidia Gefore Experience running as far as GPU stuff. I can get MSI Afterburner and see what it shows.

3 hours ago, Inject said:

What would be your suggestion for a good vendor for something like that. Newegg or Amazon. I honestly don't know who has the best return policys anymore. My pc before this was NCIX  :P

Honestly if you have somewhere close to where you live that sells PC parts just pick a decent unit up in person that way if it doesn't work you can just return it in person right away and don't have to deal with shipping. If you don't Amazon has the best return service.