looking for a flight sim

jeremymwilson

Hi all,

Looking a flight sim for me and my son to play.

Is there one that fits this criteria:

• Must be single player or at least mainly single player. Multiplayer support is ok as long as it is a world away from the World of Planes freemium type. Can't stand those. LAN play would be OK.
  • Prefer WW2 but WW1 is ok. Definitely not MS Flight Simulator or X-Plane, I don't see the point of flying a plane if you can't shoot guns.
  • Needs to be more arcadey than a full on sim - looking for fun rather than serious.
  • If it's geared more towards kids than adults, that's probably ok.
  • doesn't need to be new, as long it works on Win 10 and ultra widescreen res (3440x1440).

I tried Wings of Prey but it seems to not be supported anymore. You need to be online (I thought it was a single player only game) but when I tried to register nothing happened. So deleted it. 

Thanks for any help.

Love not hate

43 minutes ago, jeremymwilson said:

Looking a flight sim for me and my son to play.

Some may not meet all your criteria but most of them do. I left out games like Superflight and Feather as they do not deal with planes. Also left out SimplePlanes since it doesn't meet all of your criteria. May want to check them out though as they are pretty decent games. And as always, don't purchase a game unless it's at or near a historic low price. Don't let sale prices fool you.

8 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Some may not meet all your criteria but most of them do. I left out games like Superflight and Feather as they do not deal with planes. Also left out SimplePlanes since it doesn't meet all of your criteria. May want to check them out though as they are pretty decent games. And as always, don't purchase a game unless it's at or near a historic low price. Don't let sale prices fool you.

thanks for that! Lots to check out...

Love not hate

So you're not looking for a flight sim. I remember some old flight sims I used to have that had WW2 missions n such... can't remember what they're called.

Wings of Prey doesn't require an online connection. At least my DRM free GOG version doesn't, don't know about Steam. Those guys went on to make War Thunder, which is free to play. It's primarily multiplayer, but it does have single player missions and a mission editor, which also allows you to fly planes you haven't unlocked for MP.

If you're into space shooters, Freespace 2 is pretty good, and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw came out recently and is more geared toward easy controller play.

#Muricaparrotgang

8 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

So you're not looking for a flight sim. I remember some old flight sims I used to have that had WW2 missions n such... can't remember what they're called.

Wings of Prey doesn't require an online connection. At least my DRM free GOG version doesn't, don't know about Steam. Those guys went on to make War Thunder, which is free to play. It's primarily multiplayer, but it does have single player missions and a mission editor, which also allows you to fly planes you haven't unlocked for MP.

If you're into space shooters, Freespace 2 is pretty good, and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw came out recently and is more geared toward easy controller play.

thanks for that. And yes it was the Steam version of Wings of Prey. 

Love not hate