AlexTheGreatish
10 minutes ago, Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock said:

snip

i didn't have to get verification

it was all just visit ltt channel page then enter name and email

it's likely a random check or gleam somehow detects suspicious activity

@AlexTheGreatish

thoughts?

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 hour ago, Gegger said:

i didn't have to get verification
[snip]
thoughts

I'd think it's more likely you were already logged into something they consider valid verification; while not shown as far as those 3 icons in the screenshot twitch is also a linked account type they'll allow for verification which implies to me there are others and you were likely already logged in with one.

I suspect youtube/google account is also valid so if you were logged into that when coming from the video to the contest you likely wouldn't need to get verification either.

1 minute ago, cNrYJMQifDkk said:

I'd think it's more likely you were already logged into something they consider valid verification; while not shown as far as those 3 icons in the screenshot twitch is also a linked account type they'll allow for verification which implies to me there are others and you were likely already logged in with one.

I suspect youtube/google account is also valid so if you were logged into that when coming from the video to the contest you likely wouldn't need to get verification either.

i actually wasn't logged into anything, twas incognito mode

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 hour ago, Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock said:

Linus Media Group, in its position as a reviewer of all things tech, should be well aware of the massive abridgement of human rights that is social media privacy policies.

It is frustrating then, to see LMG endorse this abridgement by forcing users to apply to the contest through social media. (see photo) I find the practice of compelling people to use social media in this way abhorrent.

What makes this even more galling is that the terms and conditions state that anyone worldwide may enter. (see photo) That is clearly not the case though.

Now I can understand requiring an email address, as there must be some way to contact the winner. Fine. But, there is no need to require social media when captcha or other protections would have worked as well.

Honestly LMG, I expected better from you and I am disappointed.

I do very much agree with your sentiment; I would also like to throw it out there that LMG likely didn't specify using social media for verification but rather used Gleam as a service without investigating Gleam thoroughly.

Gleam very likely uses social media this way in some convoluted way to get ad revenue. This would allow them to market to LMG as an inexpensive and easy way for LMG, and others, to run a giveaway.

I'm not saying that makes any of this OK just trying to put some context around the issue.

Btw anyone knows how/where/when can get the sentry 2.0 case? I saw in indigogo there will be shipment this december. But that link greyed out

I just signed up following the links in video channel and I signed up through Gmail and it didn't ask for anything else. Not sure why that was required for you. Since you were in incognito maybe it couldn't see the cookie info and is the reason for the secondary verification?  Thanks LTT for the chance to win this sweet machine :D 

If it runs Witcher 3 it's fine by me.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

5 hours ago, Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock said:

snap

Noone:

Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock:

Signs up for a social media to complain about a business that does the majority of its business on social media requiring the use of social media to sign up for a free giveaway.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Can you recommend an alternative case(something that might be available on amazon preferably)? I'd like to recreate this build or similar to it. Unfortunately, when I visit the Dr. Zaber site it is not available for retail. It seems it is only available via crowdfunding, but won't be available for awhile again.

On a side note whenever I access your amazon links they send me to amazon japan, does anyone have any idea how to get directed to the proper amazon site, or could you tell me which amazon site you are originally linking too(i.e. amazon.com, amazon.ca, etc.) because amazon.jp(japan) just doesn't do it for me.

I guessed at the price on the case because LTT didn't include it in the description (for shame LTT) and where to buy it. The total estimated cost of this system is $1600.00 USD. That is 4 times more expensive than a new console. And you need to buy games. And you need a Windows license as well for another $100. And you need to buy a controller. This IS NOT a substitute for a console.

Wait a second.  I just realized that you also didn't put the CPU in the description either and my estimated cost is way off!  What is the point of putting the build in the "description" below the video if you aren't going to add in the cost of the CPU, Case, Right angled and straight PCIe risers, and Windows license?  Whomever writes that up is doing a very bad job.

New estimated price for the whole system is now at a WHOPPING $1850.00 USD.  AND THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE TAX OR SHIPPING.  With tax in my state, that comes to $1944.60!!!!  Almost 6.5 TIMES the cost of a console!!   Wow, is this video misleading or what.

Edited by GeminiJ13
Additional information added.

11 hours ago, Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock said:

So i made an account just to complain about a free contest, so yes yes I'm petty.

Let me get to my reasoning though.

Linus Media Group, in its position as a reviewer of all things tech, should be well aware of the massive abridgement of human rights that is social media privacy policies.

It is frustrating then, to see LMG endorse this abridgement by forcing users to apply to the contest through social media. (see photo) I find the practice of compelling people to use social media in this way abhorrent.

What makes this even more galling is that the terms and conditions state that anyone worldwide may enter. (see photo) That is clearly not the case though.

Now I can understand requiring an email address, as there must be some way to contact the winner. Fine. But, there is no need to require social media when captcha or other protections would have worked as well.

Screenshot_2019-10-17 Dr Zaber Console SFF PC(1).png

Screenshot_2019-10-17 Dr Zaber Console SFF PC.png

LTT Media Group could also have run the contest solely based on the comments section from within their video.  I've seen this done MANY times by other YouTubers.

13 hours ago, wirthi said:

Hey guys,

this looks really awsome. Even more awesome would be a complete list of all the components used. This would also save you from replying to individual questions as seen above. And as a bonus you can also directly link these parts via affiliated links and maybe earn some additional money, even though I would not use them to buy since I am from Europe ;)

Edit: Don't forget the PCIE adapters and thank you in advance

Getting both PCIe riser parts costs a total of around $25 USD.  I did a cost estimate for the whole thing minus a controller and it came to $1,944.60.  6.5 times the cost of a new console.  I don't know how they can justify the title of this video.  It makes zero sense.

11 hours ago, Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock said:

So i made an account just to complain about a free contest, so yes yes I'm petty.

Let me get to my reasoning though.

Screenshot_2019-10-17 Dr Zaber Console SFF PC(1).png

Screenshot_2019-10-17 Dr Zaber Console SFF PC.png

Yeah same here, I had to verify with Facebook, Twitter or Insta. Gleam wanted to be able to read (and post to) my entire timeline, posts, all my contacts etc. Twitter was the same, including private or hidden messages. You can retract all those permissions (to just your emailaddress) on Facebook later though.

14 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

We create the ultimate console by building a sweet small form factor PC and loading it with heaps of games from GOG.com

Enter the Giveaway: https://gleam.io/t8VyH/the-best-console-is-a-gaming-pc

Get the Witcher for free by signing up for GOG at: https://www.gog.com/gwent-welcome-bonus

Buy the Asus 2060 Turbo
On Amazon: https://geni.us/jBX4
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWV

Buy the Asus B450 Strix
On Amazon: https://geni.us/doGFTx
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWH

Buy the Corsair MP600
On Amazon: https://geni.us/aAPEsV
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWq

Buy Corsair LPX 32GB RAM
On Amazon: https://geni.us/ZJR1t8
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWg

Buy Corsair SF600
On Amazon: https://geni.us/zW7ztX
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWG

Buy Noctua L9i
On Amazon: https://geni.us/TP6Hl
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWx

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

I actually have to say this.  This video is worse than clickbait.  It is disingenuous.  Frankly a lie.  And you should have to apologize to the tech community at large for producing something like this video and connecting it with the thought that it somehow comes close to console gaming on a console gaming budget.  Because that is what the title of this video represents, confers, or references to with a title like that.

The cost of this build conservatively is $60 dollars shy of $2000.00.  Six and a half (yes, 6.5) times the cost of a console.  This video is absolutely disgraceful and you should be ashamed to the point of providing an apology over it.

FYI, if you guys ever need to do a bulk GOG download again, this is most people's go-to.  Pretty sure it's only designed to work on Linux, but you had to use Linux for the script you showed anyway.

It's gonna be hell if,,,,,,,,,,,, ever this PC needed to reinstall windows

16 hours ago, Canadian in S. Korea said:

Can you recommend an alternative case(something that might be available on amazon preferably)? I'd like to recreate this build or similar to it. Unfortunately, when I visit the Dr. Zaber site it is not available for retail. It seems it is only available via crowdfunding, but won't be available for awhile again.

On a side note whenever I access your amazon links they send me to amazon japan, does anyone have any idea how to get directed to the proper amazon site, or could you tell me which amazon site you are originally linking too(i.e. amazon.com, amazon.ca, etc.) because amazon.jp(japan) just doesn't do it for me.

16 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

more mainstream: Silverstone ML08 / RVZ ; Fractal Node 202

pretty damn small: NFC S4 Mini (on preorder, orders made by the 20th this month are slated to ship on the 25th)

I can attest, I have a SFF build in a silverstone ML08.  It looks good anywhere.  Only a little bigger than the Dr. Zaber case.  You can have it upright or horizontal.  A nice case for a living room PC, I keep it as a LAN Pc that I can throw in a suitcase (we like to keep the LAN parties alive in current times, and are big SC2 / LOL / overwatch players) so its perfect for that use.  

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

12 hours ago, GeminiJ13 said:

I actually have to say this.  This video is worse than clickbait.  It is disingenuous.  Frankly a lie.  And you should have to apologize to the tech community at large for producing something like this video and connecting it with the thought that it somehow comes close to console gaming on a console gaming budget.  Because that is what the title of this video represents, confers, or references to with a title like that.

The cost of this build conservatively is $60 dollars shy of $2000.00.  Six and a half (yes, 6.5) times the cost of a console.  This video is absolutely disgraceful and you should be ashamed to the point of providing an apology over it.

Interestingly, Luke did video a while ago about how a 500$ PC cant really keep up with a Xbox or PS4pro.  That was true, because it was made while RAM and GPUs were at an alltime high price relatively...things have changes

That was pre- ryzen 3000.  I can build a PC that is barely more expensive than a high end Xbox/PS, that beats it in framerates, and can ALSO stream, photo edit, video edit, and do anything your heart desires.  Their example was a pimped out version for a giveaway.  That doesnt mean you cant do it on a budget.

Furthermore:  They are making content that is free for you to watch.  In which, they are giving away a sweet PC and games, that you have a FREE chance to win.  Free content for you all around.  And it was an entertaining video to watch.  Please get over yourself with your pearl clutching, and honestly you should apologize for your poor behavior and pants sh*tting.  Take a xanax or antidepressant and stop with the manufactured outrage.  

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

16 hours ago, GeminiJ13 said:

The case+the SSD is the bulk of the cost here.

This is another option, though not perfect (prolly better/cheaper mobo/case/PSU).

In other note, I pity the poor soul that has to add all 500 of the games to Steam.(Big Picture is pretty much the best 10FT/TV interface for PC gaming). 

I just realized that in this one video, Linus downloaded more GB worth of games than some countries have downloaded in the time of Steam's existence (from Steam)

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

"the best console is a PC" ... no shit :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

What? We can only have one console or something? People don't be so narrow minded enjoy other gaming platforms.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...