Ram

Motion

So I'm currently using 1 8gb stick of ram and am thinking about buying the exact same stick again so I can have 16gb.

My question is would this make a big difference in gaming? Ram is also running at 1866mhz

8 minutes ago, Motion said:

So I'm currently using 1 8gb stick of ram and am thinking about buying the exact same stick again so I can have 16gb.

My question is would this make a big difference in gaming? Ram is also running at 1866mhz

DDR3? Not really, probably worth upgrading to 16GBs if the extra stick is cheap.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

DDR3? Not really, probably worth upgrading to 16GBs if the extra stick is cheap.

so it would or would not be a good idea to buy it?

45 minutes ago, Motion said:

so it would or would not be a good idea to buy it?

If you're running out of space with 8GBs then you might as well grab it, it'll probably just default to the lowest speeds, but I don't think DDR3 speeds really affected performance much.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

If you're running out of space with 8GBs then you might as well grab it, it'll probably just default to the lowest speeds, but I don't think DDR3 speeds really affected performance much.

Also I'm currently sitting at 60 fps +/- in Apex Legends with my ram being at 80-90% usage. would that cause my fps to drop as well?

6 minutes ago, Motion said:

Also I'm currently sitting at 60 fps +/- in Apex Legends with my ram being at 80-90% usage. would that cause my fps to drop as well?

It really doesn't matter, even 1333mhz dual channel is faster than your current set up. It's just useful in general, especially if you ever do file compression.

Spoiler