Graphics Card Issue

Hello, 

Recently my games have been crashing in a similar fashion. It starts with a semi checkered pattern and both my screens go black then turn back on with the game crashed. With destiny 2 it gives me a pop-up saying  "Graphics runtime detected a crash or loss of device." I have uninstalled the drivers using DDU and reinstalled the lasted drivers to no avail. This wasn't happening at all yesterday and only this morning my only suspension is the most recent nvidia update. Any recommendations.  

Ryzen 5 2600 

gtx 1060 6gb

gigabyte b350

brocolli-error-code-fix-d2.jpg

checker pattern is vram issue. check your vram frequency. If it's stock try lower it like 100 mhz. Or it could be contact issue which you will need to bake the GPU in the oven to try fix it (not recommended for sure).

And try reseat ur card in the slot.

I lowered the frequency my 100 and checked the pcie pins. End result was still crashing. I should add when the game crashed both my monitors go black for like 10 secs then it wont let me move my cursor to the other monitor for a good minute.

Edit: Should I also post this on graphic cards?

Edited by Rani

13 hours ago, Rani said:

I lowered the frequency my 100 and checked the pcie pins. End result was still crashing. I should add when the game crashed both my monitors go black for like 10 secs then it wont let me move my cursor to the other monitor for a good minute.

Edit: Should I also post this on graphic cards?

That almost sounds like your GPU is on it's last legs, and I wouldn't advise baking your GPU as that could potentially mess it up even worse. Try re-seating your GPU and make sure that it's not overheating before it crashes. 

Edit: Didn't see it happened after newest GPU drivers. Try rolling back to a previous version and see if it's still happening.

Rolled back the drivers, the card lasted longer before crashing. How long would a 1060 usually last for? Also I was looking at other forums someone mentioned that the psu could be the problem, I believe I had my evga 500 bq for 3 - 4 years max.

Opened up my gpu and cleaned and replaced the thermal paste. So far no crashing as of a 10 min session. Highest yen while playing is 82c. This might have fixed it going to let the game run