Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sub2pewdiepie

hard drive issues

Posted · Original PosterOP

i just built a new pc and i just moved the hard drive and ssd over to the new pc. my computer read the ssd and booted to windows but it will not recognize my hard drive and i dont know what to do. i dont want to do anything that will wipe my hard drive because i have many games and videos on it but i cannot do anything because i cannot use it. i have gone into disk manager and it recognizes my hard drive but i cannot do anything with it i can only go to the help page it also says that the hard drive was 100 percent full when it wasnt even 50 full. if anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated because i want to be able to game on my new computer as soon as possible

What does it show up as under This PC? As a RAW volume? Someone had a similar issue about a week ago and someone mentioned a way to mount it as NTFS without wiping the drive. Can't remember the CMD command. I'll have to try and find it.

Guides & Tutorials:

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

A How To Guide: Setting up SMB3.0 Multichannel on FreeNAS

How You can Reset Your Windows Login Password with Hiren's BootCD - (Depreciated)

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to Build Your Own DAS

In the Queue:

GPU Pass-though w/ QEMU on Debian Linux

How to Setup Drive Sharing in Windows 10

How to Format a HDD/SSD in Windows

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

What does it show up as under This PC? As a RAW volume? Someone had a similar issue about a week ago and someone mentioned a way to mount it as NTFS without wiping the drive. Can't remember the CMD command. I'll have to try and find it.

if you could find that that would be amazing it is not formated as anything on the disk manager and all the others are as a ntfs

20 minutes ago, Sub2pewdiepie said:

if you could find that that would be amazing it is not formated as anything on the disk manager and all the others are as a ntfs

Good news. I found it: (I do hope you have an appropriate backup before proceeding though. Just in case.)

Guides & Tutorials:

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

A How To Guide: Setting up SMB3.0 Multichannel on FreeNAS

How You can Reset Your Windows Login Password with Hiren's BootCD - (Depreciated)

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to Build Your Own DAS

In the Queue:

GPU Pass-though w/ QEMU on Debian Linux

How to Setup Drive Sharing in Windows 10

How to Format a HDD/SSD in Windows

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.