Issue with DisplayPort

Purity

So I'm running dual ASUS VG248QE @ 144hz with DisplayPort on both running off my 2070, but recently my Display 1 won't receive the signal, only way I can keep my 144hz while using Displayport is to have an HDMI cable plugged into the same monitor. If I unplug the HDMI cable, then my DisplayPort signal cuts off and won't come back on.

Any idea whats causing this?

Has your setup worked before. What CPU and motherboard are you using. Try resetting the BIOS settings and or clearing the CMOS. If your CPU has iGPU, you can use that for the second display.

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

@Faisal A

It was fine last night, came home from work and noticed main monitor was not getting signal, I'm running a i7 7700k on the MSI Z270 Gaming M7.

I'm reading the Amazon reviews and people have had the same problem. Someone said that doing a power cycle on the monitor fixed it for them, but if you're still under warranty, you should definitely get it replaced.

@Syaoran

I'm not under warranty cause I got both of them like 3+ years ago, and I've tried the power cycle.

You can either switch your main with the 2nd monitor or if your GPU has a DVI port, use it. I think it'll also give you 144Hz.

@Syaoran

I have it working on DisplayPort on 144hz but I need to keep my HDMI cable plugged into the same monitor, if I unplug the HDMI then the monitor goes black and the Displayport stops receiving signal.

2 hours ago, Purity said:

@Syaoran

I have it working on DisplayPort on 144hz but I need to keep my HDMI cable plugged into the same monitor, if I unplug the HDMI then the monitor goes black and the Displayport stops receiving signal.

Oh I see now. If it's working fine like that, you can just leave it like that. Maybe the signal from the HDMI brings the port back to life or the weight of the HDMI cable plugged in moves something inside.

47 minutes ago, Syaoran said:

Oh I see now. If it's working fine like that, you can just leave it like that. Maybe the signal from the HDMI brings the port back to life or the weight of the HDMI cable plugged in moves something inside.

Funny thing is, is the HDMI has ALWAYS been plugged into the monitor, only thing different is that it's not in my PS4 anymore, its now in the GPU of my PC.