Mouse sensitivity issues after update

KieranC

A few days ago I was playing CSGO and noticed I had a windows update, so before I played another match I went ahead restarted my PC. After the update my mouse sensitivity felt slightly higher, but none of my settings have changed literally everything is the same. The issue isn't just in CSGO its in every game and on my desktop.

Things I've tried:

• Reinstalled mouse/graphics drivers

• Factory reset and reinstalled an older version of windows

• Tried using a different mouse

• Tried using different USB ports

• Tried markc's mouse fix

At this point I have no idea what it could be, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What polling rate your mouse have?

500Hz , 1000Hz

I edit my posts more often than not

1000hz. Before these issues started happening, I could feel a difference between 500hz and 1000hz but now I can even put it on 125hz and it feels pretty much the same which is really weird to me.

11 hours ago, KieranC said:

1000hz. Before these issues started happening, I could feel a difference between 500hz and 1000hz but now I can even put it on 125hz and it feels pretty much the same which is really weird to me.

Trying it in another computer would be reasonableble. If it's something that went wrong with the mouse itself it should perform badly on another PC

55 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Trying it in another computer would be reasonableble. If it's something that went wrong with the mouse itself it should perform badly on another PC

Wouldn't using a different mouse on the same PC confirm that the mouse isn't the problem?

7 minutes ago, KieranC said:

Wouldn't using a different mouse on the same PC confirm that the mouse isn't the problem?

Whether the problem persists or not would confirm or not.

Though if it happened after the Windows update but the problem persists after Windows reinstall, then to be sure beter test on a different PC to be sure.

But I probably can't help much more specifically.

13 hours ago, KieranC said:

Tried using a different mouse

Did the other mouse have the same problem or not?

The other mouse did have the same problem, but I will try using my mouse on another PC just to see. Either way thanks for the help!