Slow boot time on Ryzen 3600X

Kaalede
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

Are you saying that it takes 7 to 8 hours to shut down!?  That's absolutely insane, something is definitely wrong.  I'm not sure this is the answer, but typically an abnormally long shutdown combined with boot issues points to having "fast startup" enabled.  Particularly when rebooting avoids the issue, it really starts to sound that way since reboots bypass this "feature".

How to disable it:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Hi ! 

In July I bought a new PC :

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600X

MB : MSI X570-A Pro

RAM : 32 GB Corsair Veangean LPX 3000Mhz (4*8gb)

GPU : my old 1060 6gb

PSU : my old Corsair VS650

SSD OS : Samsung 860 evo 500gb (bought 3 weeks ago)

Other SSD : Intel 120gb

HDD : seageate 1tb

When the PC is turning off for a long period of time (7 - 8 hours) that takes it 2 minutes to boot on Windows with an SSD. The POST Screen appear pretty quickly but the PC get stuck on a black screen with the mouse (I can move the mouse) after the "Welcome" screen of Windows 10. But when I reboot it, he start normaly in seconds... I clean install Windows several times but nothing change. 

Any hints or adivce to solve my problems? 

Greetings.

PS : My english can be pretty bad, sorry, I'm french. Baguette.

Are you saying that it takes 7 to 8 hours to shut down!?  That's absolutely insane, something is definitely wrong.  I'm not sure this is the answer, but typically an abnormally long shutdown combined with boot issues points to having "fast startup" enabled.  Particularly when rebooting avoids the issue, it really starts to sound that way since reboots bypass this "feature".

How to disable it:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

No I say when the PC is turn off during a long period of time.

45 minutes ago, Kaalede said:

No I say when the PC is turn off during a long period of time.

Oh I see, you mean when booting up after it's been sitting off for that long.  Well in either case I'd give the fast startup thing a try.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I desactive the fast boot, I'll test it tomorrow. Thx.