looking for a gaming monitor

i am building my first gaming pc. i will be gaming at 1080p. i have narrowed my choice for monitors to these three:

msi optix mag241c

asus vg248qe

lg 24gl600f-b

i really like the msi one. but i'm worried about ghosting. which one will be best? also if you can suggest any other monitor at this price range i will appreciate that.

I had two Asus VG248QE monitors, never had ghosting issues and the colors where pretty nice. The best 1080p monitors I've ever had. They're getting a little older now but still hold up well, just keep in mind they don't have DisplayPort so in order to get 144hz you'll have to use a Dual-link DVI cable or a DP to DVI adapter if your GPU doesn't have DVI.  Nevermind the DP nonsense I forgot they do have Display Port.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I had two Asus VG248QE monitors, never had ghosting issues and the colors where pretty nice. The best 1080p monitors I've ever had. They're getting a little older now but still hold up well, just keep in mind they don't have DisplayPort so in order to get 144hz you'll have to use a Dual-link DVI cable or a DP to DVI adapter if your GPU doesn't have DVI.

did you have any dead pixels? i read a lot of reviews either complaining about dead pixel or monitor dying after a few months.

6 minutes ago, hasanuzzaman said:

did you have any dead pixels? i read a lot of reviews either complaining about dead pixel or monitor dying after a few months.

No, I had them for two years and never had a single issue. No dead pixels or anything. My brother still has them and they're still working fine, he's had them for almost a year.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

144hz is really nice (basically means you'll see 144fps instead of 60)

But if you're just getting in to pc gaming for the first time it really isn't needed at first, you might want to depending on what games you'll play though, but keep in mind your pc needs to be able to run the games at 144fps for it to work. What are the specs on your pc?

40 minutes ago, hasanuzzaman said:

i am building my first gaming pc. i will be gaming at 1080p. i have narrowed my choice for monitors to these three:

msi optix mag241c

asus vg248qe

lg 24gl600f-b

i really like the msi one. but i'm worried about ghosting. which one will be best? also if you can suggest any other monitor at this price range i will appreciate that.

You can get a septer monitor for $157 to get the 24.5 in 144-165hz monitorhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KGMQGDT/ref=ox_sc_act_image_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Or you can buy a septer monitor for $144 to get the 24in 144hz modelhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MTMCNLX/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Tbh I think the $157 one has more value also both monitors have display port so if you plug it in thouge display port you can overclock the monitor

9 minutes ago, Crunken said:

144hz is really nice (basically means you'll see 144fps instead of 60)

But if you're just getting in to pc gaming for the first time it really isn't needed at first, you might want to depending on what games you'll play though, but keep in mind your pc needs to be able to run the games at 144fps for it to work. What are the specs on your pc?

I am getting a i7-9700k, Zotac rtx 2060. Also I have played plenty of pc games, just not on my pc :(

2 minutes ago, AMD_fanboy101 said:

You can get a septer monitor for $157 to get the 24.5 in 144-165hz monitorhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KGMQGDT/ref=ox_sc_act_image_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Or you can buy a septer monitor for $144 to get the 24in 144hz modelhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MTMCNLX/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Tbh I think the $157 one has more value also both monitors have display port so if you plug it in thouge display port you can overclock the monitor

Sadly this brand is not available in my region :(

Just now, hasanuzzaman said:

Sadly this brand is not available in my region :(

You can order it off amzon

28 minutes ago, hasanuzzaman said:

I am getting a i7-9700k, Zotac rtx 2060. Also I have played plenty of pc games, just not on my pc :(

Ah alright, with those specs you can easily get like 200fps in most games at 1080p, i'd go for 144hz then, way better experience than 60 :D

Just now, Crunken said:

Ah alright, with those specs you can easily get like 200fps in most games at 1080p, i'd go for 144hz then, way better experience than 60 :D

which monitor should i go for then?

3 hours ago, hasanuzzaman said:

which monitor should i go for then?

I'm currently using a VG279Q from asus, 144hz IPS since i need the colors for work stuff. Otherwise i'd recommend the VG278Q (same name but the eight instead of the nine) which is basically the same but 165hz and TN

2 hours ago, Crunken said:

I'm currently using a VG279Q from asus, 144hz IPS since i need the colors for work stuff. Otherwise i'd recommend the VG278Q (same name but the eight instead of the nine) which is basically the same but 165hz and TN

27" 1080p monitors are kind of meh. The pixels are a lot more visible than with a 24". I would only do a 27" or bigger if it was ultrawide or 1440p.

So going outside of the ones you listed off, I do apologise if that's a major problem for you. In the same boat and looking into different monitors myself. I'm going with the Acer from this video but I hope it helps you find one suitable for you 

11 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

27" 1080p monitors are kind of meh. The pixels are a lot more visible than with a 24". I would only do a 27" or bigger if it was ultrawide or 1440p.

I much rather prefer 27" even if it's only 1080p, you sit further back and it's more comfortable but you can still see details in games. The FPS loss of 1440p isn't worth it and you can't see the lower pixel count on 27" unless you lean in and look for it. 1440p is kinda overrated imo, 1080p is just fine for 90% of people