I have $5000 to drop on a PC, what is the most efficient setup for gaming?

Recently, my father was promoted to "chairman of the board" at his business, and to celebrate that he is offering me a generous sum of $5000 to replace my surface book 2 I bought in 2017. So I began the search for a few computer guides that could give me a good recommendation. One problem appeared though: Most guides used a Threadripper 2950x as their main "splurge point" and left most of the other components similar to build guides in the 25-3500 dollar range, which makes me question wether these build are actually for gaming (which from what I can tell are more GPU intensive) or CAD and professional video and graphic design (which are more CPU oriented). Is a threadripper a good investment? Or maybe a second 2080Ti running SLI? After some searching I decided that this is the biggest hub of computer junkies that I could find and the best chance of getting my answer. Reading related posts, yes, I know that I probably could get a gaming rig for $1000 bucks and it would be just fine, but I have the money and I am unlikely to get such a generous donation for quite a while (the next possible point I see is leaving for college in 4-5 years) and it isn't cash so any money I save on a $2000 gaming rig goes into my dads pocket and not mine. So I'd rather spend the money now when I have it to make the best possible rig that I can.  Any Suggestions? Any would be appreciated. 

$5000 and worried about efficiency...  Oh boy.

Right now, a 9900K and 2080Ti are still the best gaming combo, but that will probably change in the next 6 months.  

You can buy a custom liquid set up, lots of pretty RGB and tons of storage to use the rest of your 5K.

EDIT - Don't forget a nice BIG monitor.

7 minutes ago, Firebird_Gaming said:

Recently, my father was promoted to "chairman of the board" at his business, and to celebrate that he is offering me a generous sum of $5000 to replace my surface book 2 I bought in 2017. So I began the search for a few computer guides that could give me a good recommendation. One problem appeared though: Most guides used a Threadripper 2950x as their main "splurge point" and left most of the other components similar to build guides in the 25-3500 dollar range, which makes me question wether these build are actually for gaming (which from what I can tell are more GPU intensive) or CAD and professional video and graphic design (which are more CPU oriented). Is a threadripper a good investment? Or maybe a second 2080Ti running SLI? After some searching I decided that this is the biggest hub of computer junkies that I could find and the best chance of getting my answer. Reading related posts, yes, I know that I probably could get a gaming rig for $1000 bucks and it would be just fine, but I have the money and I am unlikely to get such a generous donation for quite a while (the next possible point I see is leaving for college in 4-5 years) and it isn't cash so any money I save on a $2000 gaming rig goes into my dads pocket and not mine. So I'd rather spend the money now when I have it to make the best possible rig that I can.  Any Suggestions? Any would be appreciated. 

Step 1, don't spend $5000 on a gaming rig.

Spend $1500-2000 (maybe a bit more), and get a good Ryzen 7 or i7 setup, with a top end GPU.

Take the rest of the money and use it elsewhere (or just save it). Maybe buy some sick monitors or something.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

** Please do not reply with "Fantasy/Dream" build options for the OP or they will be taken down. **

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Take the rest of the money and use it elsewhere (or just save it). Maybe buy some sick monitors or something.

Yup, it's easy to spend a grand or two on good peripherals, so don't try to spend your entire budget on parts that go inside the case.

It's no use having a PC that can run 4K at 144Hz and then hooking it up to a 1600x900 panel that's 10 years old because you ran out of money.

9900K with a 2080Ti is about as good as it gets for gaming right now.  No need to add a second GPU, most games don't have proper SLI support anyway. 

Add a nice 1-2TB NVMe drive, a good case, a good PSU, a nice air cooler or AIO, enough fast RAM ... and then see what you have left for monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse etc. 

10980XE(Coming soon) & 2080ti based build. SSD only storage. Full custom water loop, maybe even a chiller (thats about $3500 total there )

Top of the line display. thats a $1000+ on its own.

maybe a sound system to go with it.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Looking for the "most efficient setup" is probably the wrong frame of mind when you're building a $5000 PC to be honest.

The most efficient setup would probably be a build that costs $300, and consists of an old dell optiplex with a sandy-bridge i5 with some low power 1080p GPU.

I suggest you abandon any notion of reasonableness.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

Thanks for the suggestions, just wanted to remind everyone that any money I "save" goes to my father, who is paying for this, so It is probably best that I spend everything that I got, and take full advantage of my position. While I appreciate the thought about peripherals, I already have a pair of 4k 144hz (I think, at least their more than 100Hz) monitors and a 144hz 1440p monitor, 2 keyboards, and 3 G.Skill mice from a previous setup and just over time. This is mostly about the computer tower itself. However, if you know a good VR headset then feel free to include that. 

From what I can tell quite a few of you recommended ryzen 9. Is it ryzen actually catching up? Also, what about dual 2080tis? While you were busy trying to help me I watched two of Linuses build guides (around my price point) and both included SLIing 2080tis. Is there even a use case for that? Or again, would a bigger extreme edition i9 get me more fps? 

Edit: Efficiency is not what I meant. The word I am looking for is performance. What is the fastest build I can possibly make?

Take 1-2k of that for build, invest the rest.

2 hours ago, Firebird_Gaming said:

I already have a pair of 4k 144hz (I think, at least their more than 100Hz) monitors and a 144hz 1440p monitor, 2 keyboards, and 3 G.Skill mice from a previous setup and just over time.

I.... I can't..... 

Serious question @Firebird_Gaming: How much do you care about style/looks of your build?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

@SkippleI like RGB, colored liquid cooling, etc. but if I have to sacrifice my case for more power then I would happily do so. So in short, a lot, but not necessarily the most. I would love RGB, florescent cooling, but would get rid of it if I could fit in another 2080ti or 9980xe, or some other good reason. 

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

For an all AMD build I'd probably get a 3900X with a Radeon VII card

The 5700XT is cheaper and more than capable of matching/beating the Radeon VII, and the Radeon VII is EOL anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

13 minutes ago, Firebird_Gaming said:

@SkippleI like RGB, colored liquid cooling, etc. but if I have to sacrifice my case for more power then I would happily do so. So in short, a lot, but not necessarily the most. I would love RGB, florescent cooling, but would get rid of it if I could fit in another 2080ti or 9980xe, or some other good reason. 

Are you willing to do a custom loop?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Currently the intel i9 9900K is still the king of gaming, however if your going for a 4k or 1440p monitor the bottleneck will still be the gpu even with a 2080Ti, so id recommend getting an i7 9700k paired with a 2080Ti of your choice while also getting a high end monitor so all that power doesnt go to waste plus a good pair of monitors (speakers) would be great also. You dont have to spend it all on your pc. You also can go custom cooling if you know how to maintain it if not go for a large air cooler like noctua or an aio.

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ROG Edition, CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K , CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72 360mm, Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H GAMING, Graphics Card : ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-11G-GAMING , RAM: HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Storage:Samsung 970 pro 512GB & WD Black 4TB HDD 256MB Cache, PSU: NZXT E850 , Monitor: AORUS AD27QD Gaming Monitor 27inch 1440p 144Hz, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros, Keyboard : Asus ROG Strix Flare RGB 

36 minutes ago, KarimEid said:

Currently the intel i9 9900K is still the king of gaming, however if your going for a 4k or 1440p monitor the bottleneck will still be the gpu even with a 2080Ti, so id recommend getting an i7 9700k paired with a 2080Ti of your choice while also getting a high end monitor so all that power doesnt go to waste plus a good pair of monitors (speakers) would be great also. You dont have to spend it all on your pc. You also can go custom cooling if you know how to maintain it if not go for a large air cooler like noctua or an aio.

I think OP is pretty well covered already on the monitor side of things based on this.....

10 hours ago, Firebird_Gaming said:

I already have a pair of 4k 144hz (I think, at least their more than 100Hz) monitors and a 144hz 1440p monitor

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

11 hours ago, SolarNova said:

10980XE(Coming soon) & 2080ti based build. SSD only storage. Full custom water loop, maybe even a chiller (thats about $3500 total there )

Top of the line display. thats a $1000+ on its own.

maybe a sound system to go with it.

I'm defo getting 10980XE when it comes out with X299 EVGA Dark and getting rid of my 9900K with Z390 Aorus Master.

It's good option I think if you want the best.

They reduced the pricing to £1k instead of £2k. Just need to see if it's better than the 16 core Ryzen chip, but I think it will be slightly better with higher clocks and extra 2 cores.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

6 minutes ago, BigRom said:

I think OP is pretty well covered already on the monitor side of things based on this.....

Then hes gonna need 2x 2080ti to even reach one of his 2 monitors max refresh rate  cause a single 2080ti on 4k is not getting anywhere near 144 fps 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ROG Edition, CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K , CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72 360mm, Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H GAMING, Graphics Card : ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-11G-GAMING , RAM: HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Storage:Samsung 970 pro 512GB & WD Black 4TB HDD 256MB Cache, PSU: NZXT E850 , Monitor: AORUS AD27QD Gaming Monitor 27inch 1440p 144Hz, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros, Keyboard : Asus ROG Strix Flare RGB 

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Step 1, don't spend $5000 on a gaming rig.

Spend $1500-2000 (maybe a bit more), and get a good Ryzen 7 or i7 setup, with a top end GPU.

You can blow $5K on a rig if you add in a few very nice monitors and such, but if you don't you have to basically burn money for the sake of burning money. 

2 minutes ago, Firebird_Gaming said:

That parts list is private, lol. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, Firebird_Gaming said:

Fixed

That burns money for little reason, something like this would be better: 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WtkHNq

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($558.89 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1219.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1219.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 ATX Full Tower Case  ($196.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($301.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4877.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-15 12:46 EDT-0400

> CPU needs no introduction.
> Noctua's coolers are excellent and they finally made a super stealth black one, everything down to the fan clamps and screws are in a clean black finish. This will also outperform the AIO you had chosen, while being more reliable. The AIO has a pump, tubing with seals on the ends, a rad to clog, and two fans, all failure points. Once the Noctua is mounted you've got two fans as your only failure point, and they're easy to replace (not that they're likely to break, they're damn quality fans). 
> Aorus Ultra mobo, should be a damn solid board and (IMO) looks really good while not being so flashy you have to build around it. No real need to step over $300 for a very nice mobo. 
> 32GB 3600MHz CL16 RAM, faster than the stuff you had, and only $5 more. 
> why get two pitiful PCIe 3.0 1TB drives? (/s, I have a 1TB 970 Evo and they're excellent, but your budget is bigger than that) Bask in the glory of two 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSDs!
> EVGA XC Ultra 2080 Tis, should be a bit nicer of a cooler, if you decide not to go water then they'll still be solid. Also dual slot ones vs the thicc 3 slot ones so you have better clearance for airflow if you do stay on air. 
> Enthoo Luxe 2 because I really want one so you should too. Gorgeous (again IMO, swap it out for another case if you like that better), tons of room for air or watercooling, and you can run two rigs inside it!
> Corsair's AX1200i so you can monitor power draw on all your stuff because nerd reasons. They're also the nicest PSUs out there. 

Grab a windows key off eBay, maybe throw in some fans (I reccomend Noctuas but I'm past my RGB phase, if you want the shiny lads then slap those in).

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($558.89 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($359.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($156.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($249.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($249.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1279.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1279.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($239.99 @ Adorama) 
Power Supply: Corsair 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($239.99 @ Corsair) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($119.50 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4875.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-15 13:00 EDT-0400

2 hours ago, Firebird_Gaming said:

Looks good. So SLI is going to be useful after all?

Depends on the game. A lot don't support SLI or don't scale that well. It is pretty hard to spend $5K though on just the pc itself. If you went with a single 2080 ti then you would about $1400 left out of the $5K budget. Not sure what else you could spend that on if you don't need a monitor/peripherals etc.