Best 4K??

Renzorex

Hi, I'm planning to get this screen for gaming, but I would also like another for photo editing/watching movies, etc...

I would like it to be 4k, preferably IPS and less than 32inches.

My budget is £400-£500 but I could probably go up to £600.

What would you recommend at this price point?

Thanks.

32" is ideal for 4K... you want LESS? So 27"... that is rather small, not optimal, but there are more 4K monitors available at this size.

For IPS at 32" with VRR you don't have many options, but the LG 32UL750 would be a good choice at the upper end of your budget.

There's also the BenQ EW3270U, which is VA but still very good regards colour accuracy, and it's quite a bit cheaper.

Both of these have Freesync. If you wanted G-Sync, there is the older (but still very good) Acer XB321HK. I have this monitor myself and can certainly recommend it, but with IPS you will always have to endure a certain amount of glow and light bleed. VA is better in this regard, but at the expense of more smearing/overshoot in some games.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

One of the monitors I got recommend is Philips 328E1CA.

Curve compensate for VA usually having gamma shift at the sides of so large monitors because viewing angle, and better than usual 60hz VA on response time.

For 27" someone recommend me LG 27UK650.

And a more expensive one outside of your price range.

I don't know what to choose myself really yet.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

One of the monitors I got recommend is Philips 328E1CA.

Curve compensate for VA usually having gamma shift at the sides of so large monitors because viewing angle, and better than usual 60hz VA on response time.

For 27" someone recommend me LG 27UK650.

And a more expensive one outside of your price range.

I don't know what to choose myself really yet.

The Philips is a pretty good choice also, can't really go wrong there. Curve can help slightly yes.

I would certainly recommend 32" for 4K... there really is no reason to go 27" unless your desk literally cannot fit any bigger. You will still have a super pin sharp image at 32", and will get away with 125% scaling, possibly none (application and eyesight depending). That won't be the case on 27".

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti