Mini Itx build - Fractal Design Nano S

name66

Hello i would like to build my high end video/photo editing + gaming rig in mini itx case : Fractal Design Nano S. Most likely i am going for i9 9900K + rtx 2080ti / or rtx 2070 super (will decide later on). My question is: would mini itx influence negatively life expectancy of such build ? Or is it ok ? Also would it be noticealby louder ? I do not care about noise during gaming.  I would like to build mini itx coz i will have to carry the pc with me about ten times a year on certain kind of events. Also what cooling would you suggest me ? I was thinking Dark Rock Pro 4 ? (it should fit inside case) or go with aio ? I guess i would go with ATX power supply as SFX are supposed to be audibly annoying. I am also thinking about 3900x but that is 200dollars more in my country.Thx

13 minutes ago, name66 said:

high end video/photo editing

what software suite?

17 minutes ago, name66 said:

My question is: would mini itx influence negatively life expectancy of such build ? Or is it ok ? Also would it be noticealby louder ? I do not care about noise during gaming.

Form factor is not a determination of "life expectancy" in terms of "will it die sooner". ITX builds are generally not "noticeably louder" than their ATX counter parts, the difference in noise always comes down to the fans used and what RPM they're running at. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

noise depends on the fans used, you can have a quiet ITX build if you want too. Also form factor is not a measurement of how long the parts are going to last.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

what software suite?

mainly Phase One : Capture One and from Adobe: Photoshop and Premiere

6 minutes ago, name66 said:

mainly Phase One : Capture One and from Adobe: Photoshop and Premiere

Ok, good. Just checking. 

34 minutes ago, name66 said:

I guess i would go with ATX power supply as SFX

SFX should be much if at all louder. Tho they are more expencive. 

If the case can fit ATX without loss of room. Just use ATX. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Ok, good. Just checking. 

SFX should be much if at all louder. Tho they are more expencive. 

If the case can fit ATX without loss of room. Just use ATX. 

it can fit ATX supply but then there is not much space fot gpu to breath and you can only fit 2slot size gpu

2 minutes ago, name66 said:

it can fit ATX supply but then there is not much space fot gpu to breath and you can only fit 2slot size gpu

Then id suggest grabbing an SFX PSU to give some extra room .

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020105na

Something like this should be good and shouldnt be much louder than another ATX PSU 

If you want to go small, the smallest ITX case which can take the Dark Rock Pro 4 is the InWin A1. The DRP4 snugs perfectly in this case. You can google the example builds, there are many builds that uses DRP4 inside an InWin A1.

Here is one example for you.. It looks really neat..

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/4rQZxr

251719.5decd3687c60c14dfcf641cf262b92f6_1600.thumb.jpg.248b44e78d3ee5c7f4b9d8fc4f2e9bc9.jpg

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15