Turning PC on from another room

Dmoseder

Hey guys,   Does anyone know where I can find 25 foot power switch button adapter?   

I have my media and gaming pc in the basement directly under the living room. And I can run the cables just up the wall.  I want to be able to turn the computer on and off without going down there each time.  I have read keeping your pc in sleep mode for long periods of time is bad. 

Does anyone know of another solution or if there is something I can put into the PW motherboard slot and run it out the back up the wall?

10 minutes ago, Dmoseder said:

Hey guys,   Does anyone know where I can find 25 foot power switch button adapter?   

I have my media and gaming pc in the basement directly under the living room. And I can run the cables just up the wall.  I want to be able to turn the computer on and off without going down there each time.  I have read keeping your pc in sleep mode for long periods of time is bad. 

Does anyone know of another solution or if there is something I can put into the PW motherboard slot and run it out the back up the wall?

What's bad about leaving a pc in sleep mode for a long time?

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

1 hour ago, Dmoseder said:

Try searching "Wake on LAN" on google. If your machines are on the same network (doesn't have to be same router as far as I know) then you can turn them on even from your phone. You're asking for within your house, so it should work. No cabling required either. As long as the device is connected via ethernet and not Wi-Fi then you can turn it on from Wake on LAN. There's apps on both iOS and Android for using Wake on Lan so try looking those up and setting them up.

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

don't think there be a 25 foot cable but all it is is 2 wires that uses a 2 pin dupont connector and the other end a monetary switch but could do any thing to make the 2 wires connect. that being said you can use well anything. telephone wires, Ethernet wires. depends on how much you want to spend really.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links