Mouse Keeps double clicking

Donut417
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,

Went with the Logitech G Pro Hero, my friend has one and says he uses it at work and it works well. It ticks all the boxes. Plus it has RGB on it like my RAM so it matches well with the system. 

As the title said, my mouse keeps double clicking. Im at my witts end with the mother fucker. Any soutions to fix? Or should I look for a new mouse? I currently have a Dream Machine mouse. The PC is running Ubuntu Linux, but I did have the same issues in WIndows. Its just gotten worse as time went on. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I had one time a problem that my left click was right and right was left. I just factory restored the mouse from the control panel.

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

As the title said, my mouse keeps double clicking. Im at my witts end with the mother fucker. Any soutions to fix? Or should I look for a new mouse? I currently have a Dream Machine mouse. The PC is running Ubuntu Linux, but I did have the same issues in WIndows. Its just gotten worse as time went on. 

Across platforms?  That sounds like bad hardware.  Probably time for a new mouse.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Veink said:

I had one time a problem that my left click was right and right was left. I just factory restored the mouse from the control panel.

Well I don’t use Windows any longer thus no “control panel”. Also it happens in Windows and Linux. So I’m guessing it’s a hardware issue. 

4 hours ago, nick name said:

Across platforms?  That sounds like bad hardware.  Probably time for a new mouse.  

Any suggestions? I perfer bigger mice because I have bigger hands. Before this dream machine mouse I had one of the older Death Adder mice from Razer. About that size would be good. Been considering wireless but Im not sure If I want to go that route. 

I use a Logitech G602 with my laptop and those are pretty cheap now.  And I think even cheaper after the new version Logitech put or is putting out.  It has tons of thumb buttons.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

13 minutes ago, nick name said:

It has tons of thumb buttons.

Not if your using Linux. Seems none of that is configurable in Ubuntu. Though I might still consider it. Is the DPI set via the software or a button on the mouse? Becasue thats one of the things about the dream machine I liked, I can set DPI indpendent from the OS, as the profile is just stored on the mouse. 

16 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Not if your using Linux. Seems none of that is configurable in Ubuntu. Though I might still consider it. Is the DPI set via the software or a button on the mouse? Becasue thats one of the things about the dream machine I liked, I can set DPI indpendent from the OS, as the profile is just stored on the mouse. 

You store the profiles on the mouse, but I'm not sure how or if that will translate over to linux.  

1 minute ago, -Kriss- said:

He should not get the g602 in 2019, the g604 is out right now. Atleast if he wants to game

Again I use UBUTNU. I highly doubt their software will work on Linux. I out right refuse to use Windows 10. So I need a soltuion that works with Linux. As such, gameing is the least of my worries. If I want to game Ill play my Nintendo Swtich. 

24 minutes ago, -Kriss- said:

doubleclick feature in their software.

Dream Machine doesnt use software. The only configurable thing on this mouse is the DPI switch for setting DPI on the mouse. Thus the Double Clicking is not a feature, because for the 2+ years I had this mouse, it had no issues. I know its not a Linux issue because it started having this issue before I lost my shit with Microsoft and switched to Linux. 

It's a worn out switch, you may be able to buy just the switch from somewhere like ebay or aliexpress and replace it if you can solder. I have a mouse that does that too and it's just a wear issue, I think the spring inside the switch is failed, I have a different mouse that doesn't want to click unless you smash the button down.

There's only a few different form factors so just match up what kind you have and order some, you'll be able to have spares on hand and keep fixing it for years to come.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=mouse+switch&_sacat=0

32 minutes ago, Bitter said:

it if you can solder.

I cant. Never learned how to and dont have the equpment necessary to do so. 

So Im probably looking at the new mouse route. 

Might be worth while to learn, this is a very simple repair that can be done with a cheap soldering iron and very basic soldering skills.

3 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

He should not get the g602 in 2019, the g604 is out right now. Atleast if he wants to game.

As for the double clicking there are some mice manufactures that include a configurable anti doubleclick feature in their software. You might be able to find a thirdparty program to prevent it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the G602 simply because the G604 is out.  It is still a very capable mouse and can game just fine.  However, I didn't recommend it for gaming.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I cant. Never learned how to and dont have the equpment necessary to do so. 

I once fixed a double-clicking mouse by just opening it up and spraying WD-40 into every gap the offending switch had. Worked fine for another year or so.

This is pretty much the jankiest fix in the history of tech support, but if the alternative is just throwing the mouse away, then hey, why not?

3 minutes ago, -Kriss- said:

The problem is on a hardware level.

Agian. The PROBLEM just started. So It cant be by design. Thats what your not understanding. This just started happening about a month ago. Just before I decided to swtich to Linux. So it cant be by desgn and it cant be software. Im fairly sure its wore out or something is gumming things up. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Agian. The PROBLEM just started. So It cant be by design. Thats what your not understanding. This just started happening about a month ago. Just before I decided to swtich to Linux. So it cant be by desgn and it cant be software. Im fairly sure its wore out or something is gumming things up. 

No I think they're agreeing with you, saying it's a hardware problem. As in the mouse hardware, as in the it's the mouse itself.

Ive opened and cleaned the mouse. If it works or not only time will tell. Though it was quite dirty. If it doesnt work I will be buying a new mouse. I dont have the skills to be changing switches and shit nor do I have the equpment and Im not looking to buy any for a one time use job. 

Well that's the cool thing about a soldering iron/learning to solder. You'll always have it and the skill for when you need it again and it's a tool/skill that extends beyond just PC repair into anything with wires and circuit boards. To me it's one of those base skills like using a ratchet or being able to swing a hammer.

2 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

I know. I did not mean doubleclick software as a fearure i mean manufactures add it to their software to prevent it. The problem is on a hardware level.

I've been using the g602 with my laptop for many years and i agree for desktop use, for gaming its subpar as the sensor easily spazzes out when flicking. Hopefully fixed with the 604

I never had that problem when I used it while playing CSGO.  Perhaps you have a bad one.  

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So the cleaning didnt work. The problem is agitating the fuck out of me. Im about to go office space on this mouse. I figured out Id settle for a mouse that has adjustable DPI on board. Meaning no software needed. Like the DM1 Pro I currently have. I like the adjustble DPI. Oh and a scroll wheel as I use the fuck out of mine. 

Went with the Logitech G Pro Hero, my friend has one and says he uses it at work and it works well. It ticks all the boxes. Plus it has RGB on it like my RAM so it matches well with the system.