Why am I so bored of playing videogames?

cRsFisA

Maybe you're tired? Gaming generally requires more energy than movies / shows.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Also barely gaming anymore, basically only if we're gathering with a bunch of friends either online or IRL specifically for it which happens a couple of times a year. I've even bought several games that were the type I "used to" like and enjoy and either never launched them or just played an hour or 2 the first day then never came back.

Just not attracting me anymore for some reason :(

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I feel the same way. I use my PC for watching youtube, plex, netflix, and job hunting these days. I play nintendo switch mostly with my daughter.

On 10/12/2019 at 4:03 AM, cRsFisA said:

If you had this problem and something (or a specific game) changed your mind please let me know, I truly wish to find that joy in playing video games again.

Happens to us all. You just have to find certain games that hold your attention and/or interest you. Whatever you do, do not buy any consoles. They're complete downgrades from a PC.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:03 AM, cRsFisA said:

Lately my PC is on only for watching movies, even if initially I got it for gaming. Every game I try it's just boring to me. Everything seems to be FPS now,nothing new,nothing another game hasn't already done, it's just seems dull to me.

The last game I truly enjoyed was back in 2017 when I've played The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Not even releases like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and AC Odyssey make me wanna game like I used to. The only games I kinda wish to try out are PS4 exclusives like God of War or Marvel's Spiderman. 

Maybe I just grow up and video games are not what they used to be for me. I'm really thinking about selling my PC and just get a PS4.

If you had this problem and something (or a specific game) changed your mind please let me know, I truly wish to find that joy in playing video games again.

Had same problem. I ended up just increasing difficulty in single player games and played more competitively in multiplayer. I also play games in ways that are enjoyable to me rather than the easiest and most popular.

That happened to me too, till I started play8ing Overwatch. That game took my life.

If you don't like these new games you talked about then just don't play them.

Maybe games of this season are not for you.

Explore other genres, some indie games, wait for titles like Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us 2, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC).

Maybe you grew out of this "being competitive" race, maybe you could enjoy titles focusing on planning while not rushing you. Like Frostpunk, Surviving Mars (free on Epic now), They are Billions... Or pretty much anything, just go with the gut feeling.

And, most importantly, don't play games when you don't feel like it. It's supposed to be an enjoyment, a thrill even, but definitely not a chore.

I just tend to not trust developers to provide a good experience throughout the entire game.

Sometimes they would do a great starter area, and then it will drag on later on.

I play recently mostly VR games, as that's a new novelty. But most VR games are also nothing more than a Demo like game.

However, I have started playing a game called Asgard's Wrath, which is a full length action RPG game, and the combination of VR and a game you see the developers invested in the content of all I have seen until now, makes me want to invest my time in it.

So bottom line, there are more games than ever now, but most games seem to be average because it's very tough market right now, so developer rather find tricks and gimmicks to finish a game and make profit without having to invest more time than they need to make a sale.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:03 AM, cRsFisA said:

Lately my PC is on only for watching movies, even if initially I got it for gaming. Every game I try it's just boring to me. Everything seems to be FPS now,nothing new,nothing another game hasn't already done, it's just seems dull to me.

The last game I truly enjoyed was back in 2017 when I've played The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Not even releases like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and AC Odyssey make me wanna game like I used to. The only games I kinda wish to try out are PS4 exclusives like God of War or Marvel's Spiderman. 

Maybe I just grow up and video games are not what they used to be for me. I'm really thinking about selling my PC and just get a PS4.

i also had thous kind of "phases" i enlisted in 2014 played aion from time to time when i was in vacations,then aion died out and i started playing dota and some vn's after few months got tired of that and just surfed youtube when i was home,later my psu died mid 2016 and i didn't even cared. left pc unused in my room till half a year after i finished my service(like march 2018), bought a new psu because my friend wanted me to play WoW with him, i ended hating the game and stopped playing with my computer for another 2 months,then i finally started playing again some old games(like valkyria chronicles and tales of serise) and continued from then to game.

i think its happen to all of us, its fine to take a break.

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

I get that way sometimes. I'll just sit at my computer and look at my various game libraries and be like, "I just...don't want to play anything". It's kinda weird isn't it? I have all these games and sometimes just have no drive to play any of them. Even the more casual ones that don't require a whole lot of thought or games I know really well, like Overwatch or something. 

I just make myself play sometimes. Like I got Metro Exodus as a bonus when I bought my 2080. Took me forever to start playing it. I just couldn't be bothered, even though I heard all kinds of great things about it and to test the RTX abilities of my new card. I made myself play it one day and got hooked on it.

RTX 2080 Founders Edition | Ryzen 7 2700x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTX ALL the things!

Having the same scenario, it's like 70% watching Netflix series and 30% playing. Maybe take a break and try out new things you've never done before. I know it's broad but I think you need to cool-down. Just my opinion. FYI I'm wating for RDR2 to come out. And Hey anyone watching "The Boys" series. I think it's good.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:03 AM, cRsFisA said:

Welcome to the last decade of my life :P

This happened to me once i moved on from playing a couple MMO's rather hardcore. I found myself suddenly without games to play and i couldnt find anything that really caught my attention, or rather ..i couldnt find enough to fill my free time.

And unfortunately ..im like that to this day. One could argue its down to 'growing up' ..but im more convinced its due to the shift in the games dev industry. the change in popular genre of game, the way they are made and monetized ..its just affected the average game to a point im no longer interested in them.

Its like ..." hey that game look interesting ..oh wait .. its F2P ..well thats going to be a MTX cluster fk ..moving on" , " hey that games look interesting ...nvm its EA ..moving on"

, " hey that game looks interesting ..nope its a console exclusive ..moving on" and so on.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 10/13/2019 at 12:08 AM, tatte said:

Guild Wars 2 ruined other games for me. You too might find satisfaction from an MMORPG (there are plenty good ones out there). I'll also be useless and say that you should get a console anyway, they're fun. And it's okay to have gaps, games and gaming come and go. No point in forcing a game on yourself if nothing feels right.

Ahh.. Guild Wars 2. I've been trying to play some new MMOs but i kept thinking "if this is GW2" when playing them and then slowly lose interest because it's not like GW2. FeelsBadMan

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Remember when you bought a new Game and was shaken by PreJoy while you installed it?

Didnt felt that in a long long time.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO