Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arc1880

Error Code: 0x0000225 Assistance

Posted · Original PosterOP

I ran into any issue yesterday. When I restart or after turning on after a shutdown; my pc is not able to get into windows and I get this error 0x0000225 screen. When I press "Enter to try again" it's able to get into windows and everything works. This happens every time I restart or shutdown and then turn on.

After some troubleshooting, this happens only if my D drive (all my games are stored here) is connected to the motherboard. If I disconnect this drive, there are no issues getting into windows. Has anyone ever had an issue like this?

My C drive contains the OS, and is set to boot from the C drive.

Error Link

c9HLJQT - Imgur.jpg

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Is your D drive the one with Windows installed on it?

In your BIOS, is the D drive set up as a boot drive if not?

Oh sorry I left that detail out. My D drive is not the one installed with windows. And my D drive is not setup as my boot drive. Even if I force my motherboard to boot off of the SSD, it still has an issue. I did notice that the SSD is listed twice.

@arc1880

You can also run 
bootrec /scanos

if sfc /scannow doesn't fix it. That will identify windows installs. If it shows up more than once Windows might think it's on the D drive for some reason. Did you update recently?

5 minutes ago, arc1880 said:

Would I just run these commands in windows normally or do I need to go into safe mode with command prompt?

Just start the cmd with admin privileges

no need for safe mode

... but I'm no expert

Or go into "Recovery Environment", then "Troubleshoot", "Advanced Options", "Command Prompt" if you are at that blue screen you showed earlier.

Also, if you quote or @ people, they can see that you replied. You just have to type @ then start typing a username with no space. Click on the name and it will look like this @arc1880 and send a notification to that user.