Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rounakr94

G402 Sudden problems

Posted Original PosterOP

Some days ago I was facing a problem with my g402, the cursor will flicker on the screen and would go away automatically for some days.聽

Fast forward to today, I聽faced another issue with my Logitech G402.聽The clicks became reversed automatically and middle click stopped working 馃槕. This started while I was browsing FB on chrome and a click on a link would open it in a new window.

I unplugged mouse, reinstalled the logitech software to check and the problem seems to be gone though.

The mouse is around 2 months old and I will RMA it for sure but need to see if there is any under lying problem in my system that maybe causing the issue.
Recent hardware changes:
1. I installed a Asus WIFI+BT PCIe adapter in my system that uses one of the internal usb 2 header as power supply for the wifi adapter(5days ago).
2. Installed a new Benq Monitor (3weeks ago).

If the problem is now gone, it seems likely that it was the Logitech software that had聽screwed up, and reinstalling that fixed the problem.

Can鈥檛 see a monitor causing mouse issues (unless it has a hub聽plugged into USB, but then it鈥檚 usually stuttering, not buttons reversing or dpi changing聽to highest)聽and a long shot that it鈥檚 the the USB header wifi device,聽if only power is being drawn (or is it USB wifi?).

If it happens again try reversing your聽changes one聽at a time until the problem goes away, then you鈥檝e聽found your culprit.

Posted Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, SiliconT said:

If the problem is now gone, it seems likely that it was the Logitech software that had聽screwed up, and reinstalling that fixed the problem.

Can鈥檛 see a monitor causing mouse issues (unless it has a hub聽plugged into USB, but then it鈥檚 usually stuttering, not buttons reversing or dpi changing聽to highest)聽and a long shot that it鈥檚 the the USB header wifi device,聽if only power is being drawn (or is it USB wifi?).

If it happens again try reversing your聽changes one聽at a time until the problem goes away, then you鈥檝e聽found your culprit.

Thanks for the reply, now I am facing another issue. The mouse automatically recerts bavk to onboard memory on restarting.

Not what you want to have happen!

Have you tried updating the software (here) and聽firmware聽for your mouse in G-HUB?

image.png.ab6162e89f02b5c8400d76555b4ec55c.png

Also check if the on-board memory mode is enabled or disabled in G-HUB. It should say "OFF".

If it keeps reverting to "On" (with the blue bar along the bottom of the window) after you reboot, try uninstalling G-HUB, rebooting and reinstalling.

If it persists, you might need to uninstall, manually remove any remaining files / registry keys, and try again. Definitely try the above before hackering about :)

8 hours ago, rounakr94 said:

Thanks for the reply, now I am facing another issue. The mouse automatically recerts bavk to onboard memory on restarting.

yea that happens all the time with my g602..something with the software not saving previous settings. i havent found a fix for it except to re-enable it聽 before i game