Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HarveyBustin12

900$ pc build

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello! my names harvey and im 12 and im going to build a computer may someone walk me through the steps... i will be getting 1k on my 13th birthday (may 17 2020) and i don't know how to build this computer, i've built some computers but not like this here are the parts

You can check youtube for guides. As for the build, wait till you're 1-2 weeks before ordering, then ask us for help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

You can check youtube for guides. 

^^^ Most major YouTubers make solid ones, IIRC Paul's hardware has one of the best (I think it was @TVwazhere that said that? I haven't watched the vid in question but TV is a hella reliable source). 

3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

As for the build, wait till you're 1-2 weeks before ordering, then ask us for help.

True, the market will probably shift by then. Still helps to have a goal to save up for though, and then you can tweak the build again when you're closer to ordering. 

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

i7 5820K on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
250GB 960 Evo, 1TB 970 Evo
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360 and 120mm GTS stealth rads, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

E5-4610 v3 on a Noctua NH-L12S
EVGA X99 Micro2
16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SuperSC 2800Mhz DDR4
EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW

120GB TCSunbow boot SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, 1TB random laptop drive, a 1TB laptop drive, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda drives
EVGA 1000W G3
Corsair Air 540 (Black)

Legacy shoutouts cuz muh nostalgia won't let me delete them:

Spoiler

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, LGA1366 Xeons, and X chipsets: @WhisperingKnickers.

Don't bother checking parts now, it's way too soon.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ Most major YouTubers make solid ones, IIRC Paul's hardware has one of the best (I think it was @TVwazhere that said that? I haven't watched the vid in question but TV is a hella reliable source). 

True, the market will probably shift by then. Still helps to have a goal to save up for though, and then you can tweak the build again when you're closer to ordering. 

He keeps his up to date and is pretty detailed in all of them. His most recent ones were this year

LTT Official Folding Month Oct 1st-Nov 4th! Donate your hardware to science, get forum badges and be entered for win PC hardware!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

As multiple have suggested above, wait till a few weeks before your birthday. Component market can change a lot until then, also in pricing. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD