Google Stadia to use AI to predict gamer's actions

WkdPaul
Just now, pas008 said:

is this going to prefire for you? lol

like you are only 40% accurate at so so range so we prefired with that accuracy

hahaha

If it did and it improved my accuracy, (apart from being an aim bot)  it would at least offset all the other BS they put into these games making it harder and less fun. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

when it sounds so silly the joke titles itself

JxytMzf.png

I want to see if the server gets the packet before my PC sends it. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 10/10/2019 at 5:53 PM, Origami Cactus said:

I kinda understand that?

So it will predict what you would want to do, lets say go right. Then it already starts rendering the frames as if you went right. 

Now, you press the key and stadia receives the keypress. If it was right, it can already send over the rendered frames, but if you actually pressed left, it starts rendering the game as if you went left, and that action will have the "normal" amount of lag.

That can't feasibly be done in a multiplayer game. The state of the game must be consistent, you can't just take a move back because you didn't predict it correctly. In a single player game, maybe - but you'd still have to find a way to snapshot the game state before every predicted movement. What's more likely is that the AI will sometimes get it wrong and your character will move the wrong way on its own for a moment before returning direct control to you; personally I can't see that being a good experience.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

That can't feasibly be done in a multiplayer game. The state of the game must be consistent, you can't just take a move back because you didn't predict it correctly. In a single player game, maybe - but you'd still have to find a way to snapshot the game state before every predicted movement. What's more likely is that the AI will sometimes get it wrong and your character will move the wrong way on its own for a moment before returning direct control to you; personally I can't see that being a good experience.

Yeah, that is why i also said:

On 10/10/2019 at 6:59 PM, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah, while i can somewhat understand the concept, i can't see at all how they would apply it to a 3D video game, there is just so much movement (3axis for movement, 3x for camera, and all the other actions), they would have to render like a 100000 instances of the game at once to have a somewhat accurate prediction at hand. 

But i didn't even think about the multiplayer aspect. Yeah, that seems totally impossible.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.