FREE Game at EG Valued at $29.99 on Steam October 10th + Two FREE Games at EG Valued at $38.99 on Steam October 17th

Paul Rudd

Surviving Mars is FREE right now at the Epic Games store. It is valued at $29.99 on Steam here... Surviving Mars. 5,649 Very Positive reviews.

surv3.thumb.jpg.81cdfd9bf7cef36b97b8f49ee10691a2.jpg

Observer and Alan Wake's American Nightmare will be FREE at the Epic Games store NEXT THURSDAY, October 17th, 2019.

obseralw2.png.jpg.1392039f61204c64f8e4537d6333ac9d.jpg

Steam links... Observer and Alan Wakes American NightmareThey are valued at $29.99 and $8.99 on SteamThank you Epic!

American Nightmare seems odd to give out without the base game. It is stand-alone, but it's also after the base game. It also takes place in a "large" area and being DLC you tend to be moving through the same locations. It's still neat and worth a play. I guess I can still look forward to Observer.

Also, I recently got access to the GOG Galaxy beta and it sure makes keeping track of the game launchers nice and tidy. I even tossed in stuff that's on my Humble Store that I forget about, and PCSX2 and Dolphin games. It auto-bookmarks pages of games from the launcher you got them from, so I know where (For the most part, outside of ROMS, randomly obtained games, and the Humble Store) each game is actually located. If I have something like Ghost Recon bought through Steam, it'll show the Steam Version and uPlay version and give you a little pop-up with the launcher icon so you can choose which you want to use.

#Muricaparrotgang

40 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

American Nightmare seems odd to give out without the base game. It is stand-alone, but it's also after the base game.

Good thing Epic already gave out the base game. I enjoy both games immensely. I actually like American Nightmare more because I played it before I played Alan Wake back in 2012 on my Xbox 360.

40 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I recently got access to the GOG Galaxy beta and it sure makes keeping track of the game launchers nice and tidy.

Interesting...

I didn't see it as anything special back in late June. Maybe I'll take a second look.

At last, this is nice grap.

“The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

So why bother to learn.”

Is this game still offered for free today? I'm at work and they block all 'gaming' sites.

I missed your post yesterday =(

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

Is this game still offered for free today? I'm at work and they block all 'gaming' sites. I missed your post yesterday =(

Yes, you have until the 17th to grab Surviving Mars.

23 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Good thing Epic already gave out the base game. I enjoy both games immensely. I actually like American Nightmare more because I played it before I played Alan Wake back in 2012 on my Xbox 360.

Oh, I guess they did. I already have them on GOG and Steam with GOG Connect. Didn't need it on a third store for free.

As to Galaxy 2.0, a few things;

1. I hate Steam. I hate the entire buggy, ugly, poorly designed program. 2.0 at least looks nice, it's still buggy, but it's still early and not 10 years on.

2. I've "added" non-Steam games, and it sucks. It just shows the name of the game, launches, and that's it. You also have to do it manually.

3. Setting tags for games in Steam forces it to be categorized by tags and you can't really change or filter that.

4. Steam forces a VR category on you, like it not, despite the fact that you don't own VR and have zero interest in it.

5. Galaxy 2.0 you link up with GOG, Steam, Uplay, Epic, Origin, Xbox, and PS4 right out the gate, with open script so people can make add-ons for other stores. You click a button, the corresponding account asks you to sign, you do so, and then 2.0 automatically imports all your games and relevant data, including whether it's installed or not.

6. Galaxy 2.0 let's you pick and choose your own cover art and background for game tiles and game pages, respectively. Steam DOES NOT do this and it's ugly as fuck.

Here's every non-Steam game added to Steam, despite the game... being available on Steam.

steam.png.ce9bcb3037d2696e2a0e599dc8edef64.png

And here's every single game on Galaxy 2.0. This particular one I did get from GOG, but it auto fills release date, studio, genre, cover art, icons, and backgrounds along with description blurbs, YT videos, and screenshots for every single game (aside from real tiny Ludum dare things) regardless of where the game came from.

503513805_galxy2.0.png.9a078b3e11150f17cca58cc60548fd52.png

7. In a game-grid view, 2.0 doesn't remove the left sidebar filtering options, which also auto-bookmarks game sources, so combined with the pop-up on hover over game titles, you know where they're from.

8. When custom tagging games in 2.0, suggested tags appear, so you can just hit enter instead of having to scroll through a list or type the entire word.

9. List view gives you more options, like displaying genre or tags in 2.0. Currently you can rearrange them, but you can't resize them.

10. In 2.0 you can sort by and group by a number of different things.

Probably more I'm forgetting. It's a way cleaner interface, and completely hassle free. I snagged the free games from Epic, opened 2.0, and oh look, there they are, just as pretty and informative as everything else.

#Muricaparrotgang