Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jason938

How many months does it take for suntan to fade away?

About 3 to 6 months for me. Depending on how often I'm exposed to the sun during that time.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I usually try to stay away from sun, but this summer I have been exposed to sun and got suntan. Anyway, it's been already months and I still have it when I see myself in the mirror (my face including neck is darker than my body which was covered by T-shirt and my lower parts of hands are also darker than my upper parts, in short where my skin was exposed to sun still has suntan, basically something like this, just instead of red it's brown:

Related image

Anyone knows, how many more months I need to get rid of it completely?

It's autumn now and sun isn't stronger anymore.

No way of telling.  It differs from person to person.  Some people's skin simply heals faster or slower, but it usually takes several months.

If you tan that easily, by all means do consider wearing long-sleeved t-shirts and something to protect your head next summer.

11 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

No way of telling.  It differs from person to person.  Some people's skin simply heals faster or slower, but it usually takes several months.

If you tan that easily, by all means do consider wearing long-sleeved t-shirts and something to protect your head next summer.

Yeah, I was thinking about it too, but it gets very hot here where I live to wear long sleeved shirts, plus I have some tattoos on my arms I obviously want them to be visible when going out (then what was the point of tattoos if I would hide them, right?) & lastly, I love non-long sleeve t-shirts, I feel more comfortable in them. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Posted · Best Answer

About 3 to 6 months for me. Depending on how often I'm exposed to the sun during that time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

18 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Ugh, that sucks. Wish I was living in a colder area where sun isn't that strong.

5 minutes ago, jason938 said:

Ugh, that sucks. Wish I was living in a colder area where sun isn't that strong.

But then you have to deal with the cold, the snow and all the shit that comes with it. It ain't fun.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, jason938 said:

Heavy sun + white snow can still give you a sunburn though :P

but as mentioned above, it can last a bit. I am quite lightskinned and a tan can last me a couple months to fade away fully

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

Y O U C A N B E A D D I C T E D T O A C E R T A I N K I N D O F S A D D N E S S

Gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2800Mhz) ||

GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || 

Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W ||

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Mouse: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

2 hours ago, jason938 said:

frostbite!

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The way to get the specs for my PC. go to the store. Buy some potatos. boil them and mash the. and stuff that in a focus g with a ssd.

It depends on how much exposure you had and how consistently along with your own genetics. 

My first job was pushing shopping carts. I got a very notable tan everywhere I wasn't clothed. It took years to fade... and not very long for it to return. 
I still can't get my torso to tan though. 

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

But then you have to deal with the cold, the snow and all the shit that comes with it. It ain't fun.

Yes it is!

Don't buy an EVGA G3!

Desktop(s):

Thunder (main rig):

Ryzen 5 1600@4.0 GHz (1.35V)|ASRock AB350 Pro 4|Scythe Fuma 2|16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 @2666 MHz (2x8)|WD Black 256 GB NVME SSD|1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD|500GB Segate Barracuda 7200 RPM HDD|6 TB of external storage (one 4TB, one 2TB)|ASUS GTX 1060 6GB Turbo|CX650M|Windows 10 Pro|Fractal Design Meshify C dark TG (4 intake 1 exhaust)|Dell SE2417HG|LG25UM58-P Ultrawide OC 75 Hz (At Max Res)|Dell SP2008WFP|Logitech G602|G.Skill KM570MX (Cherry MX Blue)|Amazon Basics A100 Speakers

Dell XPS 420:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz|Dell OTP406 x38 chipset LGA 775|Some THICC Dell cooler|8 GB MemoryTek DDR2 800 RAM|2x WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM 320 GB|Some Optical Drive|NVidia GeForce 8800 GT|Windows 10 Pro|Insignia TV from 2007|Havit HV-KB558CM Keyboard/Mouse combo|Amazon Basics A100 Speakers

Phone: Samsung Galaxy s8 64GB USA factory unlocked Midnight Black (with a 200 GB MicroSD card)

Laptop(s):

Acer Spin 15 64GB Chromebook:

Intel Pentium N4200|4GB RAM|64GB SSD|32GB MicroSD card|Intel HD 510|Acer 3 amp power brick

Dell Latitude D630:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300|4GB DDR2|Mobile Intel 935 Express Chipset|1440x900 display

A bunch of Dell Vostro 1000s

An old Powerbook G3

And an old 17" Macbook Pro Mid-2007

5 hours ago, Kaloob said:

Yes it is!

Sure it's fun, if you're a kid and you get to play with it. But when you grow up and realize that you need to shovel that crap... There's nothing fun about shoveling that snow off/around your car, your driveway, entryway, etc...
It's hard to walk through it as well, especially if the city does a poor job at pushing it off the sidewalks in a timely manner. The road conditions are terrible, it's slippery to all hell, everyone forgets how to drive, there's always that moron who didn't think he needed winter tire so he caused an accident, blocking the street... Temperatures reach under -30˚C or worse, -40˚C with strong winds... And that's just the tip of the icebergs as far as the issues with cold temperatures goes. Because no, your job isn't on a holiday just because there was a heavy snowfall and it's cold... Heck, chances are, school ain't gonna be closed either.

5 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Sure it's fun, if you're a kid and you get to play with it. But when you grow up and realize that you need to shovel that crap... There's nothing fun about shoveling that snow off/around your car, your driveway, entryway, etc...
It's hard to walk through it as well, especially if the city does a poor job at pushing it off the sidewalks in a timely manner. The road conditions are terrible, it's slippery to all hell, everyone forgets how to drive, there's always that moron who didn't think he needed winter tire so he caused an accident, blocking the street... Temperatures reach under -30˚C or worse, -40˚C with strong winds... And that's just the tip of the icebergs as far as the issues with cold temperatures goes. Because no, your job isn't on a holiday just because there was a heavy snowfall and it's cold... Heck, chances are, school ain't gonna be closed either.

I have to shovel...

Also, it's not cold enough here that schools don't close for a good amount of snow, but the school system doesn't close as much as it used to.

Never got past -18 in recent memory either. Kind of a happy medium.

Don't buy an EVGA G3!

Desktop(s):

Thunder (main rig):

Ryzen 5 1600@4.0 GHz (1.35V)|ASRock AB350 Pro 4|Scythe Fuma 2|16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 @2666 MHz (2x8)|WD Black 256 GB NVME SSD|1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD|500GB Segate Barracuda 7200 RPM HDD|6 TB of external storage (one 4TB, one 2TB)|ASUS GTX 1060 6GB Turbo|CX650M|Windows 10 Pro|Fractal Design Meshify C dark TG (4 intake 1 exhaust)|Dell SE2417HG|LG25UM58-P Ultrawide OC 75 Hz (At Max Res)|Dell SP2008WFP|Logitech G602|G.Skill KM570MX (Cherry MX Blue)|Amazon Basics A100 Speakers

Dell XPS 420:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz|Dell OTP406 x38 chipset LGA 775|Some THICC Dell cooler|8 GB MemoryTek DDR2 800 RAM|2x WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM 320 GB|Some Optical Drive|NVidia GeForce 8800 GT|Windows 10 Pro|Insignia TV from 2007|Havit HV-KB558CM Keyboard/Mouse combo|Amazon Basics A100 Speakers

Phone: Samsung Galaxy s8 64GB USA factory unlocked Midnight Black (with a 200 GB MicroSD card)

Laptop(s):

Acer Spin 15 64GB Chromebook:

Intel Pentium N4200|4GB RAM|64GB SSD|32GB MicroSD card|Intel HD 510|Acer 3 amp power brick

Dell Latitude D630:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300|4GB DDR2|Mobile Intel 935 Express Chipset|1440x900 display

A bunch of Dell Vostro 1000s

An old Powerbook G3

And an old 17" Macbook Pro Mid-2007

Depends on how badly you were burned. The redness usually stops in days for me, but it takes a while, even months to get your color back if the sun damage was too much. Btw, I think it's normal to your face and neck be darker than your torso because they're exposed more.