Boot disk suddenly not working

ZyLacx

Hi,

before like 2-3 weeks I turned on my notebook, everything was fine but after about 10 seconds from boot up it crashed and I could only see blackscreen. So I restarted it with power button and when it turned on, it couldn't load the Windows from the boot drive. I thought that my SSD was malfunctioning or something but luckily I've got HDD aswell so I decided to install windows there. When I plugged in the USB with Windows install I saw that I could install the Windows on the SSD aswell and so I did. Everything was there, all my data. Everything ran smoothly, until now. Yesterday when I was watching something on Google, I had just Google Chrome running. My computer froze for like 2 minutes or more. All I could do was move my cursor but I couldn't click on anything. Later, everything started working again except my Task Manager. I only saw icons and no text or just half of it. But I had some work to do so I ignored it. In the night, when I went to sleep, I clicked shutdown and went to bed. I noticed that my mouse was still powered up so I checked the computer. I thought that I missclicked and just put it to sleep or something. It didn't react to anything. So again I turned it off with power button and now I can't boot again. I have no idea why...

Lenovo Legion Y520 (the basic one with only 1TB HDD)

and after some time I realized it would be better if I had SSD so my dad bought me

A DATA XPG, SX 6000PRO 256gb

4 minutes ago, ZyLacx said:

still sounds like a defective SSD to me, or maybe ist just not seated propperly.

try to install Win to your HDD and see if it solves the issue.

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

10 minutes ago, LauriHimself said:

still sounds like a defective SSD to me, or maybe ist just not seated propperly.

try to install Win to your HDD and see if it solves the issue.

Well, yeah but I don't understand why all data are still on there but I can't boot.

12 minutes ago, ZyLacx said:

Well, yeah but I don't understand why all data are still on there but I can't boot.

that i can't tell you either, your guess is as good as mine.

maybe, after installing your OS to your HDD, run CrystalDisc on your SSD and see what it tells you

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

All your data may be there, but probably you have some controller problem (internal ssd firmware). In that case you may expect all type of problems. I had once ssd that you can read, but anything you wrote was gone after restart (so only buffer works probably). It was GoodRam. I suggest you buying new, good ssd. Personally I trust only few brands - Samsung, Crucial (only better models), Adata (better models) or SanDisk.

3 hours ago, LauriHimself said:

that i can't tell you either, your guess is as good as mine.

maybe, after installing your OS to your HDD, run CrystalDisc on your SSD and see what it tells you

Yeah it was SSD. I started moving my old windows files to HDD for backup and it suddenly crashed and now I don't see it when I want to install new Windows again. Gotta get new one I guess.