Best headphones for gaming

Betops543

i don't care if they need a sound card or anything i'm just looking for the best headphones i can get for the best gaming experience buget: 300-350 (no sound card included)

29 minutes ago, Betops543 said:

i don't care if they need a sound card or anything i'm just looking for the best headphones i can get for the best gaming experience buget: 300-350 (no sound card included)

Sound Cards aren't really a thing anymore

what you would want is a DAC/AMP like an O2 or something

But really something like the Arctis 7 Wireless are good enough IMO, they're only around $100

Do you need a headset or just headphones?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I really like my Roland RH-300s. They don't need any extra hardware, just use the onboard ports. I think I paid ~$150 for them? When I got them, "gaming" headphones were all terrible, bass-heavy, and just sounded terrible or were uncomfortable. Not sure how far they have come in recent years, though.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

for that price for just gaming strictly the dt 990 are the best grab a nice dac amp and your good to go like a fiio k5 pro to power it

Not sure if you saw the launch yet, but we released the Corsair Virtuoso about 2 weeks ago.  Best way to describe the headset is a balanced mix of high fidelity audio quality, mixed with a gaming feature set.  It can be used on PC or Console, wired over USB or Analog 3.5mm, and Wireless.  Both versions have broadcast grade mics, so your voice will come through comms or on stream a lot fuller than other gaming headsets, and detachable if you plan to use them on the go.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

On 10/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, Streetguru said:

Sound Cards aren't really a thing anymore

what you would want is a DAC/AMP like an O2 or something

But really something like the Arctis 7 Wireless are good enough IMO, they're only around $100

Do you need a headset or just headphones?

just headphones i already heve a yeti

okay, thank you so much to everyone for their replys. I think i might go for the dt 990's but if you guys have a better suggestion let me know.

Btw i don't need a headset just headphones, strictly for gaming and immersion (in games of course)

pd: thx so much again

On 10/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, rice guru said:

for that price for just gaming strictly the dt 990 are the best grab a nice dac amp and your good to go like a fiio k5 pro to power it

should i go for the pro's(250 ohm) or the "edition"(600 ohm)

4 minutes ago, Betops543 said:

just headphones i already heve a yeti

Well if you have any interest in wireless headphones these seem nice.

and having a secondary mic to use may be useful as well.

Otherwise buy some dac/amp combo thing of some kind, and like whatever $100-200 headphones you like, massdrop & senheiser have some popular ones

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Well if you have any interest in wireless headphones these seem nice.

and having a secondary mic to use may be useful as well.

Otherwise buy some dac/amp combo thing of some kind, and like whatever $100-200 headphones you like, massdrop & senheiser have some popular ones

Thanks so much man appreciate it, i think i'll end up getting wired headphones for the quality and stuff although i was thinking in wireless but meh i rather quality.Again thx!

Unpopular opinion, but i use my HD 6XX for gaming. I like the fact that it has less bass as it allows me to hear footsteps better and being open-back they have amazing imaging and soundstage imo. I used to use the Hyper X cloud cores but put them aside for the reasons i listed. Though that may change as i just ordered the He 4XX so we will have to see how that goes. Killer deal on the 4XX btw as it is $40 off.

2 minutes ago, Betops543 said:

Thanks so much man appreciate it, i think i'll end up getting wired headphones for the quality and stuff although i was thinking in wireless but meh i rather quality.Again thx!

The dac/amp is going to be the most important part for audio quality in any event, can just buy one later too.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

The dac/amp is going to be the most important part for audio quality in any event, can just buy one later too.

I agree, any headphone will sound poor if fed improperly.

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

i definitely will buy one man i thought i may buy the one that someone recommended which was the filo k5 but if you have any specific recommendation i'm opened 

1 minute ago, xXfunn105Xx said:

I agree, any headphone will sound poor if fed improperly.

6 minutes ago, Betops543 said:

actually it might be better to buy the dac/amp first, that way there's no question about the source of your audio being bad if you end up not liking some headphones.

assuming you're using like "lossless" mp3/flac files or game audio for the testing and not just youtube or something.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Betops543 said:

i definitely will buy one man i thought i may buy the one that someone recommended which was the filo k5 but if you have any specific recommendation i'm opened 

Seems fine, you can always return it if you don't like it naturally, may also be cheaper on ebay. I just use an arctis 7 wireless headset as I don't care too much about audio quality.

https://ebay.us/6rntaE

appears to have a few versions.
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2/ref=pd_sbs_23_t_2/142-3338977-3291706?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00LP3AMC2&pd_rd_r=7dd774af-6d03-4a95-8cee-10792b3dafc2&pd_rd_w=TsdSL&pd_rd_wg=bo2bn&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=68XYXJ4M8JMZ8K95NFND&psc=1&refRID=68XYXJ4M8JMZ8K95NFND

Spoiler

actually it might be better to buy the dac/amp first, that way there's no question about the source of your audio being bad if you end up not liking some headphones.

assuming you're using like "lossless" mp3/flac files or game audio for the testing and not just youtube or something.

any recommendations? 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Betops543 said:

i'm kinda looking for the best of the best so if you could just tell me hands down which is the best one i can get for the best quality i don't have a problem with the money, i have been saving up a lot haha

It kind of flat lines after you go past $100, quality improvements are going to be questionable even if you spend a lot more money.

Probably just get the O2 used on ebay for less, or buy it from mayflower as he seems passionate about it.

I use $10 earbuds and $100 wireless headphones and I'm good lol.

How many kidneys do you have lying around for these?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Betops543 said:

i'm kinda looking for the best of the best so if you could just tell me hands down which is the best one i can get for the best quality i don't have a problem with the money, i have been saving up a lot haha

Best of the best? Ok well you could try this,

https://www.schiit.com/products/jotunheim

Quite expensive but has one hell of a reputation, or for a bit cheaper,

https://www.schiit.com/products/asgard-1

It kind of flat lines after you go past $100, quality improvements are going to be questionable even if you spend a lot more money.

Probably just get the O2 used on ebay for less, or buy it from mayflower as he seems passionate about it.

I use $10 earbuds and $100 wireless headphones and I'm good lol.

How many kidneys do you have lying around for these?

Yeah solid state amps all kinda sound the same or very similar past a certain price point. The O2 is even capable of driving my 6XX's, which is quite a feat. It is a very solid amp for its price

23 minutes ago, xXfunn105Xx said:

Yeah solid state amps all kinda sound the same or very similar past a certain price point. The O2 is even capable of driving my 6XX's, which is quite a feat. It is a very solid amp for its price

so you think i should get the 02 for the dt990's? (if so can you link me the specific model) if not which one and link pls

1 minute ago, Betops543 said:

so you think i should get the 02 for the dt990's? (if so can you link me the specific model) if not which one and link pls

They're all the same design

I would get the headphones used at a decent discount, and you can just replace the ear cups potentially.

https://www.ebay.com/p/129594408?iid=233363806528&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233363806528&targetid=475515103181&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=6469750546&mkgroupid=77932570059&rlsatarget=aud-622027676388:pla-475515103181&abcId=1141186&merchantid=113687144&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0IDtBRC6ARIsAIA5gWvMkjOyYJMtMpEBXUrDKmgZtbp8HcYRf6V15IbGEgU48SI22rC9MDMaAj5WEALw_wcB

Spoiler