iPhone 11 - FINALLY worth upgrading?

JonoT

I'm just gonna stick to my 2 year old Ulefone S7 with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage, well, that's all I have, I guess. ??

Hi love the video but at 3:10 you say that tap to wake is a feature that  has "finally" come to the phone but that feature has been around since the iPhone x a couple of years ago, wasn't sure if this was intended or just looked over, would love to hear more on that tho, thanks ahead and again great video just like all the others :)

iPhone XR already has tap to wake. And also raise to wake. Paired with FaceID, it's literally unlocked by the time you finish raising the phone in front of your eyes. No fumbling around with fingers on fingerprint scanners and shit. People talk shit about Apple and "lack" of innovation and yet FaceID is still the most secure face recognition login system that's years ahead of the competition and actually makes life easier. Coming from super fast fingerprint scanner on Xiaomi I was skeptic about it, but the damn thing actually works and I can't imagine using fingerprint scanner at this point. Especially not the one on the back like some still insist on.

I'm on XR and while iPhone 11 is interesting, I'm gonna stick with XR until they get rid of the notch. Then I'm going to see what else iPhone 12 will offer. Might upgrade then...

Still rocking an iPhone SE here. Not because of the small hands, just prefer a smaller screen... and be able to fit it into places where my Galaxy S6 edge plus with it's wallet case cannot go.

I'd gladly try a Galaxy fold but availability has been a total joke - you cannot buy one online on Samsung's website, Best Buy only carries the AT&T model for in store purchase only and if I go to the local Samsung experience store they refuse to do 24 month financing on a $2k purchase. For something that was supposed to be released months ago and is now finally shipping, why is Samsung making it so unnecessarily difficult to get your hands on one?

Message to Samsung: if you don't have the confidence to stand behind your flagship product, forget me as a customer.

@GabenJr Your remark about the subpixels seems wrong to me. Here are the raw numbers:

iPhone 6/6s/7/8 screen: 1334*750*3 = 3001500 subpixels

iPhone 6/6s/7/8 Plus screen: 1920*1080*3 = 6220800 subpixels
iPhone 11 screen: 1792*828*3 = 4451328 subpixels
iPhone 11 Pro screen: 2436*1125*2 = 5481000 subpixels

iPhone 11 Pro Max screen: 2688*1242*2 = 6676992 subpixels

The actual numbers on the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max screens are smaller due to the notch. We had true 1080p on the plus series for years before Apple jumped on the pentile bandwagon. You need the 11 Pro Max to get a similar level of subpixels and the arrangement is off enough that you probably won’t be getting the best image quality. Maybe the typical human eye won’t notice, but I am not a fan of this.

I really am enjoying Anthony doing the Apple reviews as of late. In his scripts every statement is backed up with facts and he is fair to both the good and bad of the device in question.

Apple does indeed have major innovation to do, but the devices they have put out now STILL offer compelling reasons to upgrade over previous models to some people.

Even quite possibly the smallest incremental upgrade of iPhones to my memory, the X to the XS, offered real reasons to upgrade. Better hardware security in its SOC (evident if nothing else by it being immune to CheckM8), and a more powerful chip with greater efficiency.

Hows the battery on your 6s holding up Anthony? Did you get a replacement during the free period? I have 2 6s' laying around and the worst of the 2 is at 94% health.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Yet another video with NO INTRO! Is this their way of trying to ease us into some new intro eventually?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

21 hours ago, ryao said:

@GabenJr Your remark about the subpixels seems wrong to me. Here are the raw numbers:

For a given resolution. :P

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch