Optimal Thermaltake V21 Case Airflow

Twitch.FryhdRice

Hey LTT Community,
I have come to the decision to buy two new fans for my Thermaltake V21 Case, a 140mm and a 200mm both from BitFenix Spectre Pro RGB series. The only problem is, what’s the best airflow for the case. The only advice I ask is (1. What is the best position for the fans, in or out? (2. Where should I put the fans? (primarily the 140mm because I know where to put the 200mm) If there is any other advice, it is much appreciated. Thanks!

Put the 140mm in the rear fan slot as exhaust. Front 200mm fan as intake. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I had that case, the 200mm can only fit in one place.

The optimal is 200mm in the front as in, 140mm back exhaust. Then if you want you can add some 140mm fans as side intakes for the gpu, or as a top exhaust, but that is not needed, 200mm moves a lot of air.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Can anyone tell me the best air flow for the Thermaltake V21? I am. Purchasing 2 BitFenix Spectre Pro RGB fans, one is 140mm and one is 200mm. I have the stock cooler for the Ryzen 5 1600. Is there any advice on the best airflow for my PC? Such as which fans should intake and outtake air.

The V21 is a box full of holes. There's really no wrong answer on airflow. It's truly a beautiful thing.

I liked mine set up horizontally, so the board is lying down on its back. Put the 200mm in front as an intake (you can't actually put it anywhere else without modding things). I'd put the 140 as a rear exhaust, then go with four more 120mm or 140mm fans locked in at low speed. Run them so that two are blowing in towards the GPU fans, and two are pulling air out from the CPU cooler. Seriously dude, the V21 is an amazingly underrated case. If you're overclocking, it's a godsend.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

So do I want two fans at the top, two at the back and one 200mm in the front?

1 hour ago, FryhdRiceOnYT said:

So do I want two fans at the top, two at the back and one 200mm in the front?

On the back you can only add 1 fan. But yes that would be a good setup.

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

On the back you can only add 1 fan. But yes that would be a good setup.

Im sorry I meant one on the back, four on the top and one in the front. Boy, thats gonna be "cool" :)

Just now, Twitch.FryhdRice said:

Im sorry I meant one on the back, four on the top and one in the front. Boy, thats gonna be "cool" :)

If you want to do 4 on the top then you can only do 120mm, 4x 140mm is not gonna fit. You could do 2x 140mm top and 2x140mm on the side.

48 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you want to do 4 on the top then you can only do 120mm, 4x 140mm is not gonna fit. You could do 2x 140mm top and 2x140mm on the side.

So sorry for the amount of questions but would 4 on top or 2 and 2 be more optimal? 

25 minutes ago, FryhdRiceOnYT said:

So sorry for the amount of questions but would 4 on top or 2 and 2 be more optimal? 

Idk, that is more than enough fans either way.

I ran it 1x200mm in the front, 2x120mm on the side(for the gpu), 1x140mm in the back and 1x140mm on the top, and that stayed like fully cool, even though fans were very low rpm.

After a lot of great feedback, I was wondering if this is a good layout of the best optimal airflow for my V21. Part of my upgrade for my computer is airflow. That is why any advice is appreciated. Everyone fan on this layout is intended to be 140mm except the 200mm on the front. Thanks

1570654605821_IMG_2125.jpg