Windows live cd usb 3.0 vs CD ROM.

muito_gostoso

HI GUYS.

im in the process of creating a live cd, but i dont know what is better the cd rom drive or the usb 3.0 

also i dont know if win 7 can boot with an usb 3.0. in therms of spped waht is better.

than you.

CDs are super mega slow compared to USB 3.0.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

HI GUYS.

im in the process of creating a live cd, but i dont know what is better the cd rom drive or the usb 3.0 

also i dont know if win 7 can boot with an usb 3.0. in therms of spped waht is better.

than you.

3.0 is much faster but if you want to make a usb installer for win 7 you need to slip stream proper driver for the chipset and usb 3.0 else window 7 installer won't detect anything.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

windows to go is valid to  create live usb with windows 7 x64 todayor are easiest ways¿