Noob in need of advice for monitor upgrade

Tweaks

I'm very overdue for a PC upgrade, and the first thing I'd like to go for is a new monitor. I will eventually need to upgrade the whole rig, like, everything. However, since I won't be able to upgrade it all at once for financial reasons, I'd like to start with the peripherals I will keep, such as my monitor.

• My current monitor is a Samsung S24B150 (24") and it's about 6 years old.
  • I want a bigger screen (32" would be just right)
  • My current one doesn't have VESA mount holes, and I'd like to mount my next one.
  • My current video card is a Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6g. My new monitor must not be too demanding for that card (so I guess, no 4K?).
  • I don't plan on having a multi-monitor setup (too expensive and I hate the bezels), and plan on using VR eventually.
  • I like curved monitors and thin bezels
  • I'm comfortable with a resolution of 1920x1080 @60Hz on a 24" monitor and think it looks just right. 

So I've looked at some monitors on Newegg.ca and wonder if this kind would be good for me based on my above requirements? Does the refresh rate make any difference in my case (i.e. would 144Hz be too much for my card or it has nothing to do?)

Thanks for the help and sorry if it sounds like a noob question!

Going for 1920x1080p resolution on a 32" screen is terrible idea. Pixel density is so small, everything would like minecraft.

If you want a bigger screen, you have you either got with 1440p or ultrawide 1080p. Going past 27" at 1920x1080 will look bad.

I don't know when you'll be upgrading and to what hardware, so I can't really say if 1440p will suit you. Most mid range cards should be able to provide 144fps at 1920x1080 though. So if you will upgrade to lets say 1660ti or 2060, getting 144Hz 1080p screen makes sense.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Going for 1920x1080p resolution on a 32" screen is terrible idea. Pixel density is so small, everything would like minecraft.

If you want a bigger screen, you have you either got with 1440p or ultrawide 1080p. Going past 27" at 1920x1080 will look bad.

I don't know when you'll be upgrading and to what hardware, so I can't really say if 1440p will suit you. Most mid range cards should be able to provide 144fps at 1920x1080 though. So if you will upgrade to lets say 1660ti or 2060, getting 144Hz 1080p screen makes sense.

I see... Won't my current video card struggle too much with a 4K monitor however? As I mentioned, I'd like my current card to work well with my monitor until I can change it. Am I stuck at 27" max then?

Do you have a Micro Center near you? If so I would take a look at this. It appears to tick all of your boxes other than being curved. It is 1440p but you could always run it a bit lower in games till you get a new video card. Another option if the curve is important to you here.    

4 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Do you have a Micro Center near you? If so I would take a look at this. It appears to tick all of your boxes other than being curved. It is 1440p but you could always run it a bit lower in games till you get a new video card. Another option if the curve is important to you here.    

I live in Quebec, Canada. Never heard of this store before, so I guess we don't have those here. About running a 4K monitor at lower res, won't that cause blur?

3 minutes ago, Tweaks said:

I live in Quebec, Canada. Never heard of this store before, so I guess we don't have those here. About running a 4K monitor at lower res, won't that cause blur?

The monitors I linked aren't 4k. If you try to go for a 4k monitor with your current card I'm not sure you'd have a very good experience. High refresh rate 4k monitors are very expensive so 1440p is a good compromise. What are your system specs currently other than your video card?