Low fps with decent hardware

Ginti

Recently I switched from a 1060 and an i5 with around 250 fps in CS:GO to an Rtx 2070 super and an i7 and I only get like 120 fps even on low settings and I tried everything I could find on the internet but I just can‘t fix it. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

Every other game runs perfectly on high / ultra

5 minutes ago, Ginti said:

help me

In the game settings, enable developer console. Then press ~ and put fps_max 999. Also, change your multi-core rendering setting in the game settings.

1 minute ago, Intransigent said:

In the game settings, enable developer console. Then press ~ and put fps_max 999.

i tried everything like max 0 and max 999

have you uninstalled your old drivers by using DDU and then installed new ones after you swapped the cards?

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

have you uninstalled your old drivers by using DDU and then installed new ones after you swapped the cards?

Yes, I uninstalled thim while i was in safe mode so I think the old should be completely gone

5 minutes ago, Ginti said:

i tried everything like max 0 and max 999

Display to Fullscreen?

Just now, Intransigent said:

Display to Fullscreen?

yes

3 minutes ago, Ginti said:

yes

• While gaming, press Alt+Tab into Windows, then just go back into the game. See if that changes anything.
  • If that doesn't work, try to right click on the game in Steam, click on Properties. Under General tab, click on Set Launch Options. Type in -panorama at the end of what is already in there. See what that does.

3 minutes ago, Intransigent said:
  • While gaming, press Alt+Tab into Windows, then just go back into the game. See if that changes anything.
  • If that doesn't work, try to right click on the game in Steam, click on Properties. Under General tab, click on Set Launch Options. Type in -panorama at the end of what is already in there. See what that does.

alt tabbing does nothing and -panorama does nothing either

5 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

It frustrates me that every other game runs perfectly on high to ultra settings but cs won´t run good

3 hours ago, Ginti said:

Every other game runs perfectly on high / ultra

What other games?

20 minutes ago, Ultrasnoop said:

humans can only see a difference under 60fps

What makes you think this? Have you not laid eyes on a 144 Hz monitor? We're not investing hundreds of dollars for no reason.

12 hours ago, Ultrasnoop said:

why would you be worried about the frames if they are above 60fps. humans can only see a difference under 60fps

The human eye can definitely tell the difference. Just by comparing two monitors on the windows desktop. Have a 60 hz monitor and a 144hz monitor. Move the mouse around, drag some windows. There's a large difference. It's also a difference you can feel. It's hard to put into words but when you use something of a much higher frame rate like going from 60 to 144, there's a big difference.

RTX 2080 Founders Edition | Ryzen 7 2700x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTX ALL the things!

On 10/9/2019 at 4:30 AM, Intransigent said:

What other games?

like the new metro

tomb raider

battlefield v and such games

On 10/9/2019 at 2:02 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Check and see if your GPU (or CPU, if that's prone to underclocking) underclocks while playing CS:GO.

Ingame my cpu drops to 3.68 GHz and normal is 3.8 GHz

6 hours ago, Ginti said:

like the new metro tomb raider battlefield v and such games

What direct x are you using? And if possible, could you record a gameplay using MSI Afterburner showing all your temps and usages?