Unable to react to statuses and status replies on mobile

Mr.Meerkat

I am (sometimes) unable to react to statuses and status replies whilst using the "mobile" version of this forum (I mean it's basically the same, just resized and a few less essential features hidden). Seems to affect statuses & status replies only as on normal posts, can react to em completely fine. 

Anyway, the problem seems to be that whenever I click the react button, the sub-menu opens for a split second and then immediately closes again. I initially thought it may have been a connection issue (i.e. not everything is loading correctly/fully, my statuses show how much pain I'm in currently :P) but even on a 200/10Mbps connection (okay, it is Eduroam...) and on LTE/HSPDA+ connections, it still happened.  

I'm using Opera Touch 1.22 and duplicated the issue on Chrome (mobile) 77, both on Android (9.0).

On a side note, I can still duplicate it on Chrome 77 but it seems to have stopped doing it on Opera touch (hence the inclusion of sometimes in brackets) so I don't know...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

10 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I am (sometimes) unable to react to statuses and status replies whilst using the "mobile" version of this forum (I mean it's basically the same, just resized and a few less essential features hidden). Seems to affect statuses & status replies only as on normal posts, can react to em completely fine. 

Anyway, the problem seems to be that whenever I click the react button, the sub-menu opens for a split second and then immediately closes again. I initially thought it may have been a connection issue (i.e. not everything is loading correctly/fully, my statuses show how much pain I'm in currently :P) but even on a 200/10Mbps connection (okay, it is Eduroam...) and on LTE/HSPDA+ connections, it still happened.  

I'm using Opera Touch 1.22 and duplicated the issue on Chrome (mobile) 77, both on Android (9.0).

On a side note, I can still duplicate it on Chrome 77 but it seems to have stopped doing it on Opera touch (hence the inclusion of sometimes in brackets) so I don't know...

This really feels browser dependent.

Really hard to say if one browser update break something like that, and 2 month later it get fix again.

software development *sigh*

6 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

This really feels browser dependent.

Really hard to say if one browser update break something like that, and 2 month later it get fix again.

software development *sigh*

Maybe it's a chromium (mobile) issue. Would make sense as both Chrome and Opera (touch) are both based on Chromium....

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Maybe it's a chromium (mobile) issue. Would make sense as both Chrome and Opera (touch) are both based on Chromium....

Yah chrome on mobile is still quite buggy... does microsoft have edge browser on mobile? That is probably a different core, could be cool to test it out