Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rcmaehl

Venezuela? Sanctioned. Adobe users? Banned! Refunds? Denied. - Adobe bans Venezuelan users to comply with US sanctions, no refunds

6 hours ago, elfensky said:

I've never heard of Affinity, but with my Creative Cloud running out next year as I graduate, I might just pick these up. They look decent af. Fuck Adobe and the dead horse they keep beating and ignoring. I thought I'd pirate CC, but why would I even bother given this alternative seems way better.

I haven't personally tried it, because I don't really need anything that extensive for 364 days of the year, but looking up videos and other reviews, people seem pretty happy with it for only $50, and it gets updates. I think it also supports all the brushes and stuff.

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I haven't personally tried it, because I don't really need anything that extensive for 364 days of the year, but looking up videos and other reviews, people seem pretty happy with it for only $50, and it gets updates. I think it also supports all the brushes and stuff.

I have the full Affinity range: Designer, Photo and Publisher. They are worth the cash deffinately and recieve pretty regular updates. At £48 per app, you can't go far wrong. Sure they are playing catch up to Adobe in terms of features. However, new features such as auto trace in Designer are in the pipeline.

Having used Adobe CS in the past, I jumped ship to Corel who are now emulating Adobe's subscription practices. Dumped Corel for Serif's Affinity range.

14 hours ago, elfensky said:

I've never heard of Affinity, but with my Creative Cloud running out next year as I graduate, I might just pick these up. They look decent af. Fuck Adobe and the dead horse they keep beating and ignoring. I thought I'd pirate CC, but why would I even bother given this alternative seems way better.

i have the affinity suite. affinity has a great software but there are a lot of features that are missing. for example while you can import photoshop brushes you cant with patterns and gradients and most plugins dont work.  mostly due to photo not having 3d mode. for design it doesnt support dxf files nor does it raster to vector convert, and a bunch of other shit i cant remember.its a great product and given time all the features will be developed so definitely grab it. hope this helps.

- Thread Cleaned & Locked -

What could have been an interesting discussion on the merits and downsides of software as a service & subscription models has unfortunately been ruined by people insisting on arguing about politics.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450