Recommendation 31.5/ 32 inch monitor

ashiya

Hello, I´m looking for recommendations about a 31.5´´/ 32´´ 144hz (preferably curved) WQHD monitor, which I want use for gaming and watching movies/series.

VA or IPS are okay, though I get the feeling that all 32 inch monitors are VA?

Thank you ?

I've heard really good things about https://www.amazon.com/LG-34GK950F-B-34-21-Ultragear/dp/B0798Q8KG4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=paulshardware-20&linkId=c579489036c0b74b9881cd53e5f93326&language=en_US

For my price range that's what I'm going to upgrade to soon

The big factors for me was HDR, and the refresh rate "1" Ms response stuff LG does

I think it is on the list of g sync compatible displays, though don't pin that on me, I can't remember for sure. If it is, it can't be at the same time as the 1 Ms response time, it would go back to 5ms response.

1 hour ago, Gannam said:

I've heard really good things about https://www.amazon.com/LG-34GK950F-B-34-21-Ultragear/dp/B0798Q8KG4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=paulshardware-20&linkId=c579489036c0b74b9881cd53e5f93326&language=en_US

For my price range that's what I'm going to upgrade to soon

The big factors for me was HDR, and the refresh rate "1" Ms response stuff LG does

I think it is on the list of g sync compatible displays, though don't pin that on me, I can't remember for sure. If it is, it can't be at the same time as the 1 Ms response time, it would go back to 5ms response.

If HDR is a big factor for you, then you will be disappointed with that monitor. Very disappointed. There are VERY few monitors that will do HDR justice, and you can ignore every single one that says HDR-400.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

13 hours ago, atomicus said:

If HDR is a big factor for you, then you will be disappointed with that monitor. Very disappointed. There are VERY few monitors that will do HDR justice, and you can ignore every single one that says HDR-400.

Would you have a better alternative?

10 hours ago, Gannam said:

Would you have a better alternative?

It depends what your priorities are. I think the monitor you've chosen is solid, although you could perhaps check out the MSI MPG341CQR as an alternative. Ignore the 1MS stuff also, it's pure marketing fluff. Read actual reviews, preferable TFTCentral.co.uk or PCMonitors.info

When it comes to HDR though, no monitor with HDR-400 will come anywhere close to providing an adequate HDR experience, so just don't expect anything there. You'd need to be looking at the PG35VQ or X35 to get anything near meaningful HDR in movies and those games which support it. Or a decent OLED TV of course, but that would mean 55" size, hardly suitable for a desktop monitor.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

16 hours ago, atomicus said:

It depends what your priorities are. I think the monitor you've chosen is solid, although you could perhaps check out the MSI MPG341CQR as an alternative. Ignore the 1MS stuff also, it's pure marketing fluff. Read actual reviews, preferable TFTCentral.co.uk or PCMonitors.info

When it comes to HDR though, no monitor with HDR-400 will come anywhere close to providing an adequate HDR experience, so just don't expect anything there. You'd need to be looking at the PG35VQ or X35 to get anything near meaningful HDR in movies and those games which support it. Or a decent OLED TV of course, but that would mean 55" size, hardly suitable for a desktop monitor.

What does a VA panel have over the IPs for this kind of display? I'm guessing the corners don't have that IPs glow?

16 hours ago, Gannam said:

What does a VA panel have over the IPs for this kind of display? I'm guessing the corners don't have that IPs glow?

VA can suffer glow, but far less so than IPS. Viewing angles are worse than IPS also, but this isn't really an issue if you're sat directly in front of the screen. VA does offer superior contrast, but at the expense of some smearing/ghosting in games, more so with black transitions... this varies though, and some people notice it far more than others. If you check out thoroughly written reviews of any given monitor, they will cover this.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG-Strix-XG32VQ/

I have used this monitor (only to game on) for a fair while now and still love it. 

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF