550W 80+ Gold PSU... the one I wanted is not available

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

If it's new/unused, I'd go with the Antec model, simply because I know it's made by Seasonic and it's an excellent design inside.

Hardware wise, Antec has higher current capabilities on 3.3v and 5v (20A vs 15A) but this is not really a strong plus, it doesn't really matter that much.

I don't know who's the OEM of Reactor and I can't easily find reviews for it at the moment, so I'll default to the known, the Antec one.

... so I was going to get the Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W 80+ Gold, but apparently it is not available (either that or the store does not sell it in the first place).

I was offered an Antec 550W, EDG550 Gold 12 cm Silent Fan, but I don't know if it is any good. Is it?

The proprietor said that he will give me a list of the 550W PSUs he can order, but since the decision will need to be made either tomorrow afternoon or the day after, I would like to know of some viable alternatives beforehand.

So I'm asking this community to help me choose a quality 550W PSU, similar to the Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W 80+ Gold, namely a PSU that is a good choice for the following system:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse

Kingston 3200 MHz CL16 (2 x 8 DDR4)

1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital Blue

2 TB 5400 RPM Western Digital Red (storage)

possibly an SSD

Thanks

we have a PSU tier list if you'd like to compare them

you can see the complex version in my signature down below

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

That Antec is fine... it's a rebrand of Seasonic SSR-xxxRT series  ... basically it's a Seasonic SSR-550RT  (Seasonic S12G)

Here's Antec review: https://www.anandtech.com/show/8571/antec-edge-550w-power-supply-review

Here's Seasonic S12G reviews : https://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/02/18/seasonic_s12gseries_s12g550_power_supply_review/

https://www.hardwareinsights.com/seasonic-s12g-550-w-review/

If it's new/unused, I'd go with the Antec model, simply because I know it's made by Seasonic and it's an excellent design inside.

Hardware wise, Antec has higher current capabilities on 3.3v and 5v (20A vs 15A) but this is not really a strong plus, it doesn't really matter that much.

I don't know who's the OEM of Reactor and I can't easily find reviews for it at the moment, so I'll default to the known, the Antec one.

24 minutes ago, mariushm said:

I already made the decision before seeing this. Fortunately, I chose the Antec PSU, largely thanks to what you said about it in your first reply.