Bluetooth Not Appearing/Working/On/Device Has No Bluetooth

Eric10543

I have an Asus ROG Strix SCAR III G531GV, which has bluetooth, as expected. When I tried to connect my wireless headphones to the SCAR via Bluetooth, it wouldn't connect. I went in to bluetooth settings, and it said I had to turn Bluetooth on, but there was no button for it. I Googled solutions, one of which was to run troubleshooter. I ran Windows Troubleshooter, and it said I had "no bluetooth", or my device "doesn't have bluetooth", or some other crap. I know it has bluetooth, since I have connected my headset before. So Microsoft Support told me to install drivers, so I used the Troubleshooter to scan for newer drivers. It said I had the latest drivers, so it wouldn't install. Microsoft support also said that I could delete the device in device manager, so I did. It said that after doing so, Windows would initiate an auto-install of the drivers, which it did not. Now Bluetooth isn't even in device manager anymore. I can't connect anything, and I'm just utterly confused. Is there any way I can regain bluetooth?

bluetooth 1.PNG

bluetooth 2.PNG

bluetooth 3.PNG

bluetooth 5.PNG

bluetooth 6.PNG

9 minutes ago, Eric10543 said:

I have an Asus ROG Strix SCAR III G531GV, which has bluetooth, as expected.

--SNIP--

Is there any way I can regain bluetooth?

Have you tried going to ASUS website to download & install the BlueTooth drivers for your laptop?

image.png.a53bd52ddb48974dd8b77fd4ef51d73a.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

You made me laugh ?
Windows Troubleshooter is the worst tool in Windows. It does practically no good.
I know all the advice from there: pull out and insert the cord, restart the computer, turn the monitor on and off, bounce twice on one leg (a joke) and conjure pulling and inserting the cord 3,000 times. ? This tool has never helped me in my life. I started it in childhood, when I still had little understanding in computers.
This tool is designed for old people who have never seen computers in their lives.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue man - Have you found any fix for the problem yet?