Can vibration hurt PC components?

Go to solution Solved by zinton,

Mechanical stresses from vibration can hurt any heavy attached components like graphics cards or small things like solder joints on the motherboard. If you move anything enough it will break down. 

I know that hard drives can die due to vibration but what about normal PC components? Like CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU

I ask because I want to stack a water chiller on top of a PC case, but I dont want it to hurt the parts with vibration

ty for ur input

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I'd be more concerned at the risk of damp or even outright water spills from doing that.

There's also the EMI both from it being close to the PC and plugged into a nearby socket.  Ideally you don't want any sort of  load that's likely to cause surges plugged in near your PC.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I'd be more concerned at the risk of damp or even outright water spills from doing that.

There's also the EMI both from it being close to the PC and plugged into a nearby socket.  Ideally you don't want any sort of  load that's likely to cause surges plugged in near your PC.

whats EMI, I googled it but it brought up a band

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Mechanical stresses from vibration can hurt any heavy attached components like graphics cards or small things like solder joints on the motherboard. If you move anything enough it will break down.