Viper4Windows alternative?

Boomer112

Hi. So yesterday i updated Windows 10 to 1903 (which i regret) and i immediately noticed that my audio equalizer didn't work... So my question is: Are there ANY similar softwares that are free and as good as Viper? I really dislike the stock audio of my headphones.

10 minutes ago, Boomer112 said:

Hi. So yesterday i updated Windows 10 to 1903 (which i regret) and i immediately noticed that my audio equalizer didn't work... So my question is: Are there ANY similar softwares that are free and as good as Viper? I really dislike the stock audio of my headphones.

Check out EqualizerAPO, it's what i use if i need anything to do with EQ's. https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

5 minutes ago, Boomer112 said:

I've already tried it and i hear no difference when changing stuff. I've got 0 patience to try and fix it.

Take a look at this video: (it doesn't work for anyone, god i hate windows audio -_-)

If not, you're gonna have to pay for something such as Boom3D, or toy around with equalizerAPO.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

15 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Take a look at this video: (it doesn't work for anyone, god i hate windows audio -_-)

If not, you're gonna have to pay for something such as Boom3D, or toy around with equalizerAPO.

I don't really know what is going on but i don't even have the ''enhancements'' option. I've only got General, levels, advanced and spatial sound. I would gladly buy Boom3D especially now that it's on sale but sadly i've got no money for it.

1 hour ago, Boomer112 said:

I've already tried it and i hear no difference when changing stuff. I've got 0 patience to try and fix it.

Did you get peace GUI along with it?.

If you delete your sound drivers with DDU and delete viper, reinstall it all does it not work? 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

15 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Did you get peace GUI along with it?.

Nope. I'll try later and see if it works any better.

18 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

If you delete your sound drivers with DDU and delete viper, reinstall it all does it not work? 

To be fully honest i'm scared to delete my sound drivers... So i'll think about it and see if i ever try and do what you said.

1 minute ago, Boomer112 said:

To be fully honest i'm scared to delete my sound drivers... So i'll think about it and see if i ever try and do what you said.

I had problems with my realtek sound drivers, mic and sound in general was suddenly much lower volume. Works perfectly now. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

4 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

I had problems with my realtek sound drivers, mic and sound in general was suddenly much lower volume. Works perfectly now. 

Then i'll probably try it and see if it'll work. Not today though.

image.png.71fdd53256c0ef1095b861c4e50ce6b8.png

This is what it'll look like, you first install the Equalizer then restart and then Peace; the colour pallet is a custom one that I put together in the settings.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 10:02 AM, BeAUTEEFUL_BLaCKNESS said:

image.png.71fdd53256c0ef1095b861c4e50ce6b8.png

This is what it'll look like, you first install the Equalizer then restart and then Peace; the colour pallet is a custom one that I put together in the settings.

Sorry for such a late reply but i've sucessfully installed it and got it working. My issue though is that it doesn't sound good what so ever... I just wanna boost the bass. I've played around and found a good enough setting but it doesn't have that OUMPH that Viper4Windows had.

7 minutes ago, Boomer112 said:

Sorry for such a late reply but i've sucessfully installed it and got it working. My issue though is that it doesn't sound good what so ever... I just wanna boost the bass. I've played around and found a good enough setting but it doesn't have that OUMPH that Viper4Windows had.

In that case, reduce all the mid frequencies and high frequency's and boost the bass, then raise the volume of your headphones/windows

On 10/21/2019 at 9:37 PM, Derkoli said:

In that case, reduce all the mid frequencies and high frequency's and boost the bass, then raise the volume of your headphones/windows

I'm not really an audiophile so idk which are the mid frequencies and high frequencies. An example picture might help atleast a tiny bit.

7 hours ago, Boomer112 said:

I'm not really an audiophile so idk which are the mid frequencies and high frequencies. An example picture might atleast a tiny bit.

Here's a graph:

image.png.92c673581d8df594a12ce6a930e43293.png

Essentially everything above about 150hz just lower the volume/amplitude of it, then lift anything below 150hz, then adjust to your liking.

@Derkoli Thanks. I'll try and play around and see if it sounds any better. I'm extremely sluggish when it comes to these kind of things so wish me luck or whatever. lol

1 hour ago, Boomer112 said:

@Derkoli Thanks. I'll try and play around and see if it sounds any better. I'm extremely sluggish when it comes to these kind of things so wish me luck or whatever. lol

Just ask for any help/guidance if you need any :)

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Just ask for any help/guidance if you need any :)

Yup. Thanks again!