9700k temps

Go to solution Solved by Triboal,
2 hours ago, diabloinfinnity said:

at 4.9gh 1.315 v and some cores hitting 85? fans on full blast. I'm getting abit nervous. any ideas?

no workers failed yet 20mins later.

like with prime 95 my fans ramp up at some point during the test every now ad the and that's when im at 85

will cpu heavy games brig me to the same temp or would this just be prime 95

Prime95 gives stress loads that you won't really see in any other applications gaming-wise. 

Normally, if you want to check the temps of your CPU you should really do stress tests. My 3700X, although a different CPU, likes to spike in temps at idle between 35 and 50 degrees Celsius, but on Prime95 small FFT tests it won't hit higher than 68 to 70 degrees Celsius and I'm completely happy with that.

If you're really worried about it you can always just re-seat your cooler with newly applied thermal paste for peace of mind? It's not a hard or time-consuming thing to do and you can feel better about your current CPU temp situation. At the moment though I don't really see anything to be worried about.

just got the 9700k and had a nightmare fitting my dh15, sliding about everywhereee. think I need to reseat it? at 5GH 1.32Vimage.png.b44b9e5c8d1c1df8bdce73d1c98c3104.png

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

these look like idle-temps. you havent put it under load yet. 

but for basically idle on the web and downloading a game its abit high right? with my 6700k at 4.6 id have 26-30 idle and 65-70 under load?

TEMPS UNERLOAD FOR 5 MINS

image.png.ff862eb7e859ea79196778bb73eedbc1.pngimage.png.9a561b11391bd6a5b38aed3ffc665007.png

Just now, diabloinfinnity said:

but for basically idle on the web and downloading a game its abit high right?

idle temps do not matter at all, so i dont understand why people look at them. keep in mind that downloading a game is a load. 

1 minute ago, diabloinfinnity said:

with my 6700k at 4.6 id have 26-30 idle and 65-70 under load?

i mean you havent reached any high temps yet. 

65Cº after 5 minutes of CPU-z stressing? looks perfectly adequate.

Idle temps are meaningless there's virtually no difference for the CPU going from 30Cº to 50Cº.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

65Cº after 5 minutes of CPU-z stressing? looks perfectly adequate.

Idle temps are meaningless there's virtually no difference for the CPU going from 30Cº to 50Cº.

should that be enough? thought a bad mount might have done it. should I use prime 95 to stress test? I have my ddr4 overclocked with 1.35v to so maybe that's why temps are higher

I have my ddr4 overclocked with 1.35v to so maybe that's why temps are highe

Memory hardly adds any meaningful heat on the CPU, specially with a high end air cooler with great air flow like the one you have.

should that be enough?

Everything looks to be working as expected.

2 minutes ago, diabloinfinnity said:

thought a bad mount might have done it. should I use prime 95 to stress test?

It is unlikely that you mounted it wrong, but if you want you can keep stressing it and see how far you can rise that temperature... if it stays below 75Cº sustaining the 5ghz clock you're pretty golden.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

50 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Memory hardly adds any meaningful heat on the CPU, specially with a high end air cooler with great air flow like the one you have.

Everything looks to be working as expected.

It is unlikely that you mounted it wrong, but if you want you can keep stressing it and see how far you can rise that temperature... if it stays below 75Cº sustaining the 5ghz clock you're pretty golden.

at 4.9gh 1.315 v and some cores hitting 85? fans on full blast. I'm getting abit nervous. any ideas?

like with prime 95 my fans ramp up at some point during the test every now ad the and that's when im at 85

2 hours ago, diabloinfinnity said:

Prime95 gives stress loads that you won't really see in any other applications gaming-wise. 

Normally, if you want to check the temps of your CPU you should really do stress tests. My 3700X, although a different CPU, likes to spike in temps at idle between 35 and 50 degrees Celsius, but on Prime95 small FFT tests it won't hit higher than 68 to 70 degrees Celsius and I'm completely happy with that.

If you're really worried about it you can always just re-seat your cooler with newly applied thermal paste for peace of mind? It's not a hard or time-consuming thing to do and you can feel better about your current CPU temp situation. At the moment though I don't really see anything to be worried about.