3535 smd strip

thrasher_565

so im looking for some thin argb strips and looks like the smallest is 4mm width with 3535 smd. i looking to add to a gpu block and other water blocks.

looks like there 144led/m but with a width of 8mm (as it looks like the chip on the side)

there 60led/m 4mm width black pcb non water proof

60led/m 4mm width silacone tube

if you added argb strip to your water block what size did you use?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so im looking for some thin argb strips and looks like the smallest is 4mm width with 3535 smd. i looking to add to a gpu block and other water blocks.

looks like there 144led/m but with a width of 8mm (as it looks like the chip on the side)

there 60led/m 4mm width black pcb non water proof

60led/m 4mm width silacone tube

if you added argb strip to your water block what size did you use?

If you plan to use ARGB or regular RGB controllers built into your motherboard or such then you will want to look into the SMD5050 series of LED's. As for lighting up a GPU block that just depends on your setup and how you plan to configure it. Most just have a set of RGB strips added to the side of the block to edge light it. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you plan to use ARGB or regular RGB controllers built into your motherboard or such then you will want to look into the SMD5050 series of LED's. As for lighting up a GPU block that just depends on your setup and how you plan to configure it. Most just have a set of RGB strips added to the side of the block to edge light it. 

are you saying 3535 smd argb strips don't work with an argb controller? like the corsair controller.

my ek gpu water block is non rgb so i want to add some.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

are you saying 3535 smd argb strips don't work with an argb controller? like the corsair controller.

Long as they use the WS2812B IC ship it should be compatible given they are the tri color RGB in a singular chip.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Long as they use the WS2812B IC ship it should be compatible given they are the tri color RGB in a singular chip.

ok so SK6812 wont work?

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

ok so SK6812 wont work?

Looks like they are an iteration of the WS2812B as I’m not familiar with it I’m not sure if their control and behavior is the same. For standard ARGB on motherboards and most controllers they are the standard WS series. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/cpldcpu.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/the-sk6812-another-intelligent-rgb-led/amp/

Just now, W-L said:

Looks like they are an iteration of the WS2812B as I’m not familiar with it I’m not sure if their control and behavior is the same. For standard ARGB on motherboards and most controllers they are the standard WS series. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/cpldcpu.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/the-sk6812-another-intelligent-rgb-led/amp/

all right thx

10 minutes ago, James Evens said:

no but WS2812B 3535 or 2020 will work.

hmm looks like 2020 is the new thing and when its new its expensive....that should mean that 144/m leds should be cheaper now...

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Not new but unusual. I had to order my chips of aliexpress and had serious trouble soldering them. So I advise you against DIYing your own strip with the 2020 chip which could be one of the reasons why premade stirps they aren't available.

ya...there no way in hell i can soldering them haha. ya sometimes you can find some cool stuff on aliexpress that you cant find in ebay, ammazon. like i found some 2.5mm rgb leds... i was going to add 5mm rgb leds form my g1/4 stops but it be hard to control them with corsair controller. there is one convertor but its also costly. i did buy some WS2812B 5mm leds but i don't no.

i ended up buying this off ebay. 60led/m black pcb 4mm 3535 so we will see.