The CHEAPEST 1440P 144Hz Gaming Monitor on Amazon

nicklmg

You guys might want to change the previous cheapest 144Hz video to state that that video is for a 1080p monitor. Not everyone will know the difference.

AOC has tons of monitors available in North America. I wouldn't mind seeing more coverage of them, maybe some of their more mid tier stuff, to see how it stacks up.
They're usually a pretty good value option.

You could also take a look at Monoprice monitors. They have quite a few gaming oriented ones.

23 minutes ago, Shally said:

I feel like this video has already been made recently? 

Oh wait it basically was... 

Except they're different because of different resolutions...

That's like complaining that car review channels shouldn't do more than a single car review...because, you know, they've reviewed a car before..?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

25 minutes ago, Shally said:

I feel like this video has already been made recently? 

Oh wait it basically was... 

You mean Linus from Linus Tech Tips keeps tipping people off on tech?  I guess he could stop and change the channel name to Linus Tech Tip (just the tip).  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Only game I could really think about BrightFrame being useful is Minecraft in a dark cave.

Anyone else have any ideas?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Oh wow I am actually looking for a monitor with stats similar to this one. What do you guys recommend? 

34 minutes ago, Testatastic said:

Oh wow I am actually looking for a monitor with stats similar to this one. What do you guys recommend? 

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-LC27JG52QQNXZA-Curved-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07H2MXZ37/

I have this Samsung 1440p 144hz Curved monitor. Comes in 27" and 32" models (only a $20 difference between the two). It does not have the weird blurring that Linus shows on that AOC monitor, and it's $50 cheaper on Amazon. So I'm not so sure that LTT did their research here.

HOWEVER, it seems like it's so cheap because some reviews complain about having a single dead pixel. Mine also has a single dead pixel. So likely they are taking rejected panels from their higher end monitors and reusing them. In my opinion, I would rather have a high end panel with a single dead pixel than the entire screen having smear.

Re: BrightFrame - can you expand it to the entire monitor? I'm assuming not, but it looked like you got it pretty large in the footage.

On my colour calibrated monitor, I don't see much of a difference in the footage to colours, but it was referred to as "washed out"

12 minutes ago, guygamer said:

and it's $50 cheaper on Amazon. So I'm honestly not so sure that LTT did their research here...

Uh.... CDN 460 = $350 USD, so more expensive? Unless we are magically looking at different amazons here. It's $270 on US Amazon, and it looks like the price was lowered extremely recently in the price history (but so was the AOC, to $250)

So, I think they did?

58 minutes ago, guygamer said:

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-LC27JG52QQNXZA-Curved-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07H2MXZ37/

I have this Samsung 1440p 144hz Curved monitor. Comes in 27" and 32" models (only a $20 difference between the two). It does not have the weird blurring that Linus shows on that AOC monitor, and it's $50 cheaper on Amazon. So I'm not so sure that LTT did their research here.

HOWEVER, it seems like it's so cheap because some reviews complain about having a single dead pixel. Mine also has a single dead pixel. So likely they are taking rejected panels from their higher end monitors and reusing them. In my opinion, I would rather have a high end panel with a single dead pixel than the entire screen having smear.

Interesting it looks to actually be more expensive then this monitor they reviewed a month ago. Why is that? https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-VG27AQ-G-SYNC-Monitor/dp/B07WQ4FXY9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=asus+tuf+vg27aq&qid=1569960662&sr=8-1

I like just got a 1080p 144hz monitor. First world problems

1 hour ago, BaneWilliams2 said:

Uh.... CDN 460 = $350 USD, so more expensive? Unless we are magically looking at different amazons here. It's $270 on US Amazon, and it looks like the price was lowered extremely recently in the price history (but so was the AOC, to $250)

So, I think they did?

It's $510 on Amazon Canada. LTT is based in Vancouver (I live in the same neighborhood as Linus) so if they actually purchased it themselves, it wouldn't have been the cheapest option.

https://www.amazon.ca/AOC-CQ32G1-Frameless-2560x1440-DisplayPort/dp/B07HKM16DT/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=aoc+1440p+144hz&qid=1569966451&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Here's some camelcamelcamel links, the historical low of the AOC is more than the historical high of the Samsung.

https://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/AOC-CQ32G1-Frameless-2560x1440-DisplayPort/product/B07HKM16DT

https://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-LC32JG52QQNZA-Curved-Gaming-Monitor/product/B07H2MXZ37

So at the very least, the AOC is a bad buy for Canadians

Firstly, you're comparing the 32" not the 27".

In the US - which is LTTs main audience, and the pricing they use for everything, and who they're talking about when they say "cheapest" the 27" AOC has been 279 for its ENTIRE life, and dropped in price to the 250 shown in the video Sep 20th.

Conversely, the 27" Samsung cheapest was 300, and averaged at 340 until Sep 23rd. Both price drops happening after the content was filmed. Samsung dropped to 279, ie; AOCs launch price.

So.... historically, in the US, the Samsung has never been cheaper than the AOC.

2 hours ago, guygamer said:

So at the very least, the AOC is a bad buy for Canadians

Because you can't buy from Amazon.com instead of Amazon.ca? When I VPN there it states "ships to canada" so you're paying what, $32 USD in shipping, and at most another $37.5 in sales tax depending on province, and I'm pretty sure you don't pay duty charges from the US for computer goods (though I could be wrong) so the total is still 40 canadian cheaper than the Samsung.

For gaming purposes, a high resolution va monitor is not good imo. The poor response times mean the effective resolution in motion is low, lower than 1080p. And yet, you get lower fps because you are running 1440p.

17 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy AOC CQ27G1 on Amazon: https://geni.us/kVvRJ

Feedback on the video more so than the actual product.

Overshoot.

Overshoot is the word your looking for at 8:25. its the result of pixel being pushed to far by overdrive causing them to 'overshoot' their target color. This results in a 'inverse ghosting' effect, where the trail follow an object isnt darker, but rather lighter than the intended target color.

i've mentioned this before on a past video, obviously you didnt see the post, thats ok i dont expect you to have read every post on the forums, but perhaps if som1 at LTT reads this , they can forward this information on. Correct terminology when discussing a product surely helps you sound more professional and knowledgeable.

Moving on, i noticed at the beginning of the video, the AOC monitor advertises using a 'Wide Viewing angle VA' panel, meaning its likely using a similar tech to what Samsung uses on its Wide Viewing angle VA panel displays. This tech is a filter layer that allows for better viewing angles, the downside is that it reduces maximum brightness.

So, the reason ur noticing it having a lower than usual brightness is likely due to the wide viewing angle filter it is using.

You didnt mention anything about viewing angles, which tbh, som1 more versed in monitor reviews would have , or at least should have, picked up on immediately given its a VA panel. Color, contrast, and brightness shift on VA panels is very normal at even slightly off center angles and the way you were viewing it, from a very top down perspective, you should have immediately noticed the presence of, or lack of , color/brightness/contrast shift. but you made no mention of it.

Finally, your comment at 7:23 "everythings got kind of a trail behind it, but, for a VA panel I would consider this perfectly reasonable and acceptable".

It would be greatly appreciated among all Display enthusiast if you, and all reviewers in fact, stopped giving the industry such leeway on this issue.

It is NOT acceptable (even 'for a VA'), and the industry is unlikely to feel the need to improve on such aspects if they are not pressured to do so.  it is utterly pointless driving refresh frequency higher if the pixels cannot keep up. This 144hz display regardless of price, is not good if the pixel are ghosting like that. While a higher frequency in such a display will make gameplay feel and look smoother, a blurry ghosted image is not going to help ones accuracy in gaming, nor improve ones visual experience with other content.

Anyway keep up the work on ur monitor reviews, they are getting better slowly. :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Please review the dell monitor (S2719DGF) - I am using the D2719HGF (1080P 144Hz) currently and it would make a good upgrade

21 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

The link sends me to this page..

I'm assuming that's because you're on Amazon India, and they don't have it there. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

42 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

I'm assuming that's because you're on Amazon India, and they don't have it there. 

Here's the thing, I'm not from India and I don't live there... ?

15 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Here's the thing, I'm not from India and I don't live there... ?

Alright? Doesn't change the reason for you not seeing it. The link is programmed to find you local Amazon (Amazon.ca for me, because I'm from Canada), so either it's having trouble finding your location, or you somehow have Amazon India set as your default. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

I'd love to see a video where you guys just get all of the low/medium price range 1080p/1440p monitors you can get your hands on, and do a cost/performance comparison.

I would be interested to see something like "The best monitor experience $200/$300 can get you." because based on this review, it may be that a 1080p monitor at the same price point is a HUGELY better gaming experience. (Of course 27" is off the table, but in pretty much every other way.)

Is a low end 1440p experience actually better than a higher end 1080p experience? There's a lot to be explored, and I think you guys are the right guys to do it!