Ready to buy?

johnsonwild
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($474.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 ACE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($259.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($73.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.98 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($162.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1356.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-01 11:08 EDT-0400

pure cost savings with minimal to no visual or performance change. 

4 minutes ago, johnsonwild said:

Yeah well hopefully when I’ve assembled the pc it will run well with a g-sync monitor. I will get a part time job when I get older and look into getting more peripherals and competitive gear.

would suggest saving some money and getting a freesync monitor instead. not only does it work with Gsync, it also works with all the other hardware that has adaptive sync, and not just Nvidia cards. 

17 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

would suggest saving some money and getting a freesync monitor instead. not only does it work with Gsync, it also works with all the other hardware that has adaptive sync, and not just Nvidia cards. 

Wait, Freesync works with NVIDIA cards? I thought that Freesync was amd and G-sync was NVIDIA.

If so then I’l Probably get a Freesync monitor instead of G-sync. Unless G-sync is somehow better.

7 minutes ago, johnsonwild said:

Wait, Freesync works with NVIDIA cards? I thought that Freesync was amd and G-sync was NVIDIA.

If so then I’l Probably get a Freesync monitor instead of G-sync. Unless G-sync is somehow better.

Freesync is technically Adaptive sync. which is an open standard that intel among others support in some fasion. 

G-sync is Nvidia`s thing. since they adapted adaptive sync in january they have added the "gsync compatible" sticker to freesync monitors to cover up AMD`s freesync brandname. 

but all freesync monitors that use freesync over DP work. 

price for price, Freesync monitors are better, but you will find the top of the top may only have a Gsync variant. but unless you are heading to those monitors, there are only a few reasons to get Gsync over freesync. (freesync 2 is the same, but you dont find a lot of freesync 2 monitors)