cable questions

thrasher_565

hey i have a question. when you plan your builds do you try and hide as much cable as possible

or do you try and get sleeved cables to show them off.

or do you do both hide what not sleeved and show off your sleeved cables?

why im asking i have a thermaltake core 200 case and cables cant really be hidden too well. some cables ill will show off like the lian li 24pin and 8pin rgb cables and i do have sleeved orange psu extension cables for mb power. look like i can get an orange usb cable extension but cost $10 or should i hide it some how. im already sending  4x 120 cables under the case and up the front should i do that for all my cables? i will have other cables like rgb cables form flow meter depending were i put it. the cpu rgb cable will most likely just have to be sent up. (i have cable sleeved before and don't like to do it)

im thinking on finding some thin argb strips and adding it to my ek vertical gpu and probably my pump tops.

also i will have 4 orange hdmi cable coming down the the gpu.

i do have some orange sata cables as im running windows 7 and it dose not like m.2 so ssd it is. i think i can use an m.2 for storage just not the os install...

i could send the cables to the other side the non window side but then that side will look nasty and i might want to add a window to that side down the road.

aslo thinking on putting rgb strips on the bottom of the case

pc cables update 010.jpg

pc cables update 011.jpg

pc update 005.jpg

pc update 003.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I sleeved the cables that will be visible and left the rest normal because it doesn't do anything other than add unnecessary bulk. 

So mainly the EPS, 24pin and PCIe cables were sleeved, with SATA, Molex and the like left unsleeved as most of them are behind the MB tray or you can only see the connector and not the cable. 

11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I sleeved the cables that will be visible and left the rest normal because it doesn't do anything other than add unnecessary bulk. 

So mainly the EPS, 24pin and PCIe cables were sleeved, with SATA, Molex and the like left unsleeved as most of them are behind the MB tray or you can only see the connector and not the cable. 

what would you do if you couldn't hide the cable behind the mb?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I prefer to hide as much as possible, even behind the motherboard tray. Here is the backside of my personal build.

Not counting the main components and front IO, I have: 6 fans, a fan hub, nzxt hue+ with 6 strips, d5 pump and a sata ssd in my system.

Spoiler

2-4.thumb.jpg.17362c41b5d4c5fd76ee63f2c95c3494.jpg

I didnt like the rainbow coloured PSU cables so I bought white coloured cable extenders. Everything in my build must be white, including the power. I just realized this has potential for some racist jokes, and they are all frickin hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Bacon soup said:

I didnt like the rainbow coloured PSU cables so I bought white coloured cable extenders. Everything in my build must be white, including the power. I just realized this has potential for some racist jokes, and they are all frickin hilarious.

ya most do this. but if you spend just a little more on a psu and get black cables it just mite save money unless you want something other then black haha

if your really cheap then electrical tape works kinda until it starts to unravel or dust sticks to it....

Edited by thrasher_565