What do I need to do 1440p Gaming Properly?

mamamia88
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
15 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

TLDR my system is currently specked out at the following specs. I recently got a too good of a deal to be true on a 27" 1440p monitor on letgo for $65 and was wondering if I

The RX 580 just got image upscaling so try that if your game has DX12 or Vulkan 

You probably want an RX 5700 if you're going to upgrade though. 

Or a used Vega 56 it's really cheap.

TLDR my system is currently specked out at the following specs. I recently got a too good of a deal to be true on a 27" 1440p monitor on letgo for $65 and was wondering if I really need a new gpu/cpu or both to properly take advantage of it?  I just sold my old 1080p monitor on letsgo for $50 and I see zotac mini 1070s going for $200 or so. Do I try to sell the 580 for $100 on craigslist or something take the money from the sale of my old monitor and put it towards a 1070? PC has integrated graphics I could use in the meantime and I honestly don't even play games very often anymore anyway. Or just accept whatever the 580 puts out since I don't game much anymore?

i5-6500

16gb dual channel ddr4 at 2400 i believe

Asus RX 580 4gb model

550w corsair psu

5700XT much more better

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Stick with the 580 for now, Next year maybe upgrade when you have some more cash.  the 580 should get you by until then especially since 

7 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

I don't game much anymore

15 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

TLDR my system is currently specked out at the following specs. I recently got a too good of a deal to be true on a 27" 1440p monitor on letgo for $65 and was wondering if I

The RX 580 just got image upscaling so try that if your game has DX12 or Vulkan 

You probably want an RX 5700 if you're going to upgrade though. 

Or a used Vega 56 it's really cheap.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

A 1660 Ti at the very least. I'd go with a 2060 or 5700 XT.

IMHO, the 1660 Ti isnt worth the money if you are already sitting on something like an RX 580.  Just turn some settings like shadows or SSAO down and 1440p should perform fine on most games.

19 minutes ago, Beowulff83 said:

Stick with the 580 for now, Next year maybe upgrade when you have some more cash.  the 580 should get you by until then especially since 

Sounds like a plan to me. Who knows what the heck the used market will look like then. I remember thinking it was a good deal when I got this 580 for $120. Now I just bought a 470 for $60 to put in a machine I plan on selling. Maybe I'll make a bit of profit off that and add it to the funds.